Flea control products in the shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea control products in the shop

Are there specific product made for use just around pets and grooming shops? Where I work now, when an animal has fleas we spray the cage they were in and our work area where they were with regular raid. Is this dangerous to animals??

Raid makes a good flea spray actually, but the can specifically says 'fleas'. It is safe for use around pets. I actually have a can of it at home too. On days when I am particularly nervous about bringing a flea home to my dog, I will wash everything, vacuum real good then do a light spray of the raid. never had a problem with it affecting the dog.

Comment

Most insecticides contain the same chemicals. There aren't that many choices available. One of the major drawbacks of some products is that they only kill the adult fleas. Eggs drop off the dogs too. And if you don't kill the eggs, they just hatch out in a couple of weeks, and you have fleas again.

You need to spray with something that not only kills adult fleas, but also contains an insect growth regulator. That will stop the eggs from hatchin.

Comment

Edited.
        Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-20-07, 01:03 AM.

Comment

I keep frontline spray on hand in the shop.

Comment

I bomb my shop every couple of months. It says it lasts for 6 months, but I usually do it a month or two short of that. I do it on a weekend, and leave the windows open so it can air out afterwards. Supposedely it kills everything. I also spray with flea spray if I am nervous, or just with my cleaner which can't make those pesky fleas feet too good if they're lingering.
            Erin
            No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

Originally posted by doggiestlist View Post
              I keep frontline spray on hand in the shop.
              I saw that in Petedge. Can you spray the dog too?

Comment

Originally posted by PetsRus View Post
                I saw that in Petedge. Can you spray the dog too?
                yes it safe to use on dogs and cats and is residuallly effective for 30 days and I have also applied it to my pets while under the use of front line plus my vet (old boss ) said this was safe.my dogs at times go to work with me

Comment

We also use the FrontLine spray as well as a BioSpot spray - it's the more "natural" of the two.

Comment

Working...
                  X