No announcement yet.

I'm lucky to be alive...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so glad your on the mend ! I stopped riding my bike to work after being clipped at the lights. Crazy lady was in the cycle box too
    I set off as the light turned green so did she ,the front end of the car clipped my peddle and it was enough for me to loose my balance. I fell off my bike onto the pavement and beyond grazed hands and slight embarrassment and steaming anger ( I kicked my bike ) I was ok . no one stopped to make sure I was OK ... But then I did just kick my bike. Police said there was nothing they could do. I walked the rest of the way home and haven't touched my bike since.

Comment

Oh Rik.. so close.. so lucky. Someone was watching you. I'm so sorry you were in a terrible accident though and I'm sure you will get super sore. Keep us posted. I'm so glad you weren't hit in the head or worse. Very thankful you are okay!!
      Debbie
      There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

OMG, Rik, this is so scary, so glad you are OK, you are very lucky. Please take next few weeks easy, you don't need to do more damage to your body by wrestling big dogs. Did you go to the Dr. to make sure there is no concussion?
        Your story brought back memories of a guy who was our IT tech back in California, when we had another business. He was riding his bike one day, and was in hit and run (the guy didn't stop and dragged him and his bike for some distance) and ended up with severe brain damage.
        Once again, you were lucky, hope the person who did this to you get his punishment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm glad your ok but don't be quick to go back 100% as many times deeper damage was done. If you are able to afford a proper physio, to make sure your not out of whack for too long.
          I've known people to walk away from what seems like a minor car bump but have issues with necks/ shoulders for years. Be careful

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CosmonautRik View Post
            Thank you all for your kind words. Today I'm a bit less sore (just a bit!) I have a slow day today but tomorrow I have a full book at my other shop but it's all my favorite clients so it should be fun!

I had a nice long soak last night with bath salts and a bottle of prosecco. I've been getting nice calls from friends and family checking in.

The neighborhood group is also keeping their eyes and ears out for anything, it's amazing the support I've been getting both on here and in my community. Brings a happy tear to my eye
            Oh that is sooo good about your friends and neighbors!! I'll bet that bath salt helped a lot. My street is really dangerous.. I won't even walk it anymore. I need to move lol.
            Debbie
            There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

So EXTREMELY happy you are ok!!!! Try to make sure your ok to go back to work. Hugs & prayers for your speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X