I had to Tap Out Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to Tap Out Today

Actually down for the rest of the week. My car was hit Saturday night. Not horrible acvindent but guy hit front driver panel from light to tire. Thought i was fine. Neck started hurting Sunday. Took a lot of ibuprofen and a pain pill. Did that Monday too. I had a dog staying that got picked up yesterday. Was able to get through her . Took me forever. 3 3/34 hours. S to F. Did not take any meds yesterday during day. Was able to get rental car then finally went to doc. No brake or fracture but the tightness is insane! So for some anti inflammatory and muscle relaxer.
    Needless to say my daughter got a crash course in bathing today. I did faces and ears she bathed conditioned and dried the few guys i had. All teacup size and super sweet. Stood right next to her and the dogs the whole time.
    So we took several breaks . Finally get up to start clipping. A pain i have never felt shot through my neck and down my back.
    Down to the floor i lay ALL AFTERNOON. Couldn't move
    Ugh

Damn woman! That sounds bad. Be sure to claim medical bills and lose of income to whomever hit you insurance!
    Glad you had your daughter to help bath and dry.....at least clients had clean dogs. Hate hearing you had to lay in the floor all day.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Ugh is right! Maybe you need an x-ray and MRI to find out what's really going on. Sounds like a little more that whiplash or tight muscles. Hope you feel better soon.
      Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Omg, Moses. You need to seek medical attention. I'm so sorry that you're in bad shape. Please go to the emerg as soon as possible.

Comment

I'm so sorry, Moses!! That sounds sooo painful. Do take it easy! You also might want to try some Arnica gel. Great stuff.... but from the sound of your pain, get a couple of tubes!! You may need to bathe in it. Feel better soon.
          Debbie
          There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

I did get x-rays. I felt great for a little bit today but night meds wore off. Cyn, my daughter has been begging for years to help. She is young. Just happened that all the guys I had today were tiny. Will definitely claim loss of income, and oh my God it hurts. I went back to work soon after having both kids not to mention I have rheumatoid arthritis. So pain is not new to me. But this, hell no

Comment

So sorry to hear you are in this much pain. I hope you can get some relief asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope you recover soon. Sounds so painful. For me, medical massage helped, because the masseuse was able to loosen the tightness in my muscles. Has to be someone who specializes in medical massage, not a regular masseuse.

Comment

There is more involved here then just getting reimbursed for medical. Your pain and suffering can be reimbursed to you but you have to see a lawyer. Seeing the lawyer will not cost you a cent. You need more then just x-rays now.
                  Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

Agree with what everyone is saying. Look into it further, that kind of pain may need more than xrays to diagnose and get a lawyer because the insurance company will try and screw you.

Comment

Many years ago I had a similar accident and symptoms, took several weeks of physical therapy. Get a lawyer.

Comment

I walked around (unbeknownst to me) with whiplash for two years after a minor car accident. Finally got relief from a chiropractor who practiced the Palmer type/technique. ( They use heat, massage, tens units, etc. as well as manipulation). Got my vertebrae back in place. I hope you feel better and find some relief soon. You are lucky to have such an awesome helper while you recover.

Comment

I am very lucky. She is a perfectionist! My son is older and helps dry when I need him to but is not his idea of a good job

Comment

Update. Went to get light touch massage. Oh my God! The relief! Still taking it easy the rest of the week because it is still super tight in my neck and right shoulder. I know it will tense back up but at least I have some minor relief.

Comment

I am so glad you feel relief!! I felt the same way after getting medical massage. My massage was also light touch. Isn't it amazing what a difference it can make!! I believe that it should be covered by insurance, because unlike pain pills, there is no risk of addiction or side effects (though to be honest, I am a bit addicted to massage) Keep on feeling better!! Maybe your daughter or son can do a little gentle massaging on your neck and shoulder for you.

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                              Update. Went to get light touch massage. Oh my God! The relief! Still taking it easy the rest of the week because it is still super tight in my neck and right shoulder. I know it will tense back up but at least I have some minor relief.

Comment

Working...
                              X