Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odor Control and Air Purifier....what do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odor Control and Air Purifier....what do you use?

What has worked best for you in your shop to control odors and smells? Also do any of you have an air purifier other than using a clipper vac?

I dont use ANYTHING with chemicals. I clean with white vinegar and water mix and weather permiting I leave window and door open for fresh air. I have a 5 ft tall safety gate on open door.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

To control odor I use lavender diffusers and I use cleaner that the vets use.

Comment

I use Scentsy, love the fragrances and the clients always comment. I have a hospital grade air purifier and hepa filter system that I had put on to my air conditioner/furnace unit a few years back. Originally had the purifier system put on because my mom was always getting sick with the slightest of germs (most noticeably when my son would return to school after summer vacation) and the last time she became ill, I didn't think she would make it through that one.So I bit the bullet and went to the expense of having this installed and since having the system, she has had pretty much no sickness besides a minor cold. The bonus part though was the company said it would work for animals as well. It is rated to kill 99.7% of bacteria or virus.

I also clean with vinegar and have a disinfectant that I get from my dentist that is animal friendly to wash down floors, walls etc.

Comment

THanks, Right now our weather here is beautiful and cool (Florida) and I can leave the windows and doors open(also have a safety gate), however that is going to quickly change. I have tried several cleaning products(commercial/institutional) along with vinegar and bleach and they all work great temporarily. I want something to put out scent on an ongoing basis so when I walk in - in the mornings - it doesn't have that odor of wet dog. I am going to look into the Scentsy, thanks niagirl. My shop is 16 x 12.5 so I was thinking a smaller air purifier would help. I clean as I go all day, but after blowing out a Husky......whew!

Comment

Country, you will LOVE Scentsy!

Comment

Originally posted by Countrygrl View Post
              THanks, Right now our weather here is beautiful and cool (Florida) and I can leave the windows and doors open(also have a safety gate), however that is going to quickly change. I have tried several cleaning products(commercial/institutional) along with vinegar and bleach and they all work great temporarily. I want something to put out scent on an ongoing basis so when I walk in - in the mornings - it doesn't have that odor of wet dog. I am going to look into the Scentsy, thanks niagirl. My shop is 16 x 12.5 so I was thinking a smaller air purifier would help. I clean as I go all day, but after blowing out a Husky......whew!
              I use Yankee Candle Tarts in a wax warmer. I put them in at night so that the scent is there when I walk in in the morning. I love them and you an get seasonal and just clean smells. Your choice. I order them when they have a sale and usually they ost me $1 or less per tart and last two days on average.
              <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Quadruped All in One leave in conditioner (it doesn't hurt that it speeds up drying time too). I also have one Air Wick Oil plug in by the front door. Several times a day I get it smells SO good in here. Sometimes when I'm not upfront I'll hear people talk to each other in whispers. I wonder what they do to make it smell so good. you wouldn't even know there are dogs in here. I just smile to myself. Love to hear that.

I don't smell the Quadruped anymore at work cause I'm used to it, but when I first started using it I sure did. I do smell it at home on my dogs because it isn't our normal at home fragrance.

Comment

I would use scentsy at my shop, but how do you keep hair from getting in the wax?? Maybe a dumb question, but seems logical to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hucksmom View Post
                    I would use scentsy at my shop, but how do you keep hair from getting in the wax?? Maybe a dumb question, but seems logical to me.
                    LOL you don't. I have mine away from my table and closer to where people come in. Some floating hairs get into it but when I change the fragrance or add a new piece of wax, I dump the old wax out, wipe the top and add the new wax. There are so many great scents.

Comment

Originally posted by niagirl View Post
                      LOL you don't. I have mine away from my table and closer to where people come in. Some floating hairs get into it but when I change the fragrance or add a new piece of wax, I dump the old wax out, wipe the top and add the new wax. There are so many great scents.
                      There is for sure. I must have 12 different scents at this time. Have two diffusers at my house. Just could never figure out a way to keep the hair out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hucksmom View Post
                        There is for sure. I must have 12 different scents at this time. Have two diffusers at my house. Just could never figure out a way to keep the hair out.
                        I went to the Yankee candle site and they have electric warmers.with tops on them with just holes for the smell to come thru, that might keep most of the hair out.

Comment

What are your favorite scentsy scents.....I love lemony/citrusy smells (clean smelling) Any recommendations for something along that line?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                            I went to the Yankee candle site and they have electric warmers.with tops on them with just holes for the smell to come thru, that might keep most of the hair out.
                            So does Walmart. They even have some that plug into the wall and then they are out of the way. I have pumpins, Santas and then a nice wooden looking one for general all year use.
                            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

KOE - Kennel Odor Eliminator - works like a charm, smells great [for days] and very cost effective. Not sure if I can place a link [moderator feel free to remove if necessary]:

http://www.revivalanimal.com/KOE-Ken...liminator.html

Comment

Working...
                              X