Cute Masks that are Hair-Proof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cute Masks that are Hair-Proof?

I think the Breathhealthy masks are adorable and comfortable, but fur sticks to their cotton fabric and I constantly find myself switching to the disposable surgical masks, which are made of a paper-like material. I prefer the surgical masks because fur does not stick to them, but when customers see me wearing one, some assume I have a contagious illness whereas when I am wearing a fabric one with pictures of puppies, they assume it was designed for the grooming industry. Does anyone know of an alternative mask, or have any ideas on how to handle the problem?

I would.....

put the paper mask on and then put the breathe healthy one over the top!

Comment

Lol BC, I might try that.
      Oh but the fluff would still cling to the outside of the mask, leading to horrible fluff-face!
      I just checked with a company named Technogroom, which is located overseas and sells black, pink, and blue colored grooming masks made out of a nylon material. Since they are not based in the US, I asked them in an email if they shipped here, and they verified that they do. I just emailed them a second letter asking how much the shipping is, and if their blue masks are in stock. These masks look a little less surgical, but they are a solid color and still not as cute as the breathhealthy ones. I wonder if it would look ridiculous to just hand draw some paw prints onto the paper one.

Comment

Where do you get the breathe healthy ones? I have

some old unused industrial cleaning type but fur sticks to the inside. they have been in a zip lock bag for a long time. One day and they have to be tossed out. tickle tickle from fur.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenneversage64 View Post
          some old unused industrial cleaning type but fur sticks to the inside. they have been in a zip lock bag for a long time. One day and they have to be tossed out. tickle tickle from fur.
          Oh, just google "Breathe Healthy" --it should pop right up. Or, their website is just their name with a .com at the end

Comment

Me too!
            Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
            www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

I used to have one of the Techno groom masks and I hated it. I hated the way the straps wrapped around your head, and when I washed it the straps got all twisted and then made the whole thing uncomfortable to wear. I used it maybe a few days then got sick of fighting with it. I've also used the paper ones with the loops that go around your ears, and those never worked well for me, because they weren't tight enough.
              At Petquest this past weekend I bought one of the Breathe Healthy masks and I love it! The solid color ones are made from a different type of material than the patterned ones, and I haven't yet had a problem with hair sticking to it (I've groomed a samoyed, and a few other dogs that were shedding out, too).
              So far so good, I really want to get used to wearing a mask because it makes me sick to think that the crud I wipe off the walls of my van is going into my lungs.

Comment

masks

I also use the breathe healthy masks and haven't had a problem with hair sticking to them, i wonder if maybe it is getting a little wet then the hair is sticking. I use the ones made out of mesh, not as cute but but they are more breathable. I have actually been talking with Mike from Breathe Healthy alot lately because he will ask me questions about hair sticking & other questions that only groomers know, so I asked my employees that wear the cute ones & looked at all of their masks and none had hair in them (and i know they don't get washed often enough). So i am not sure why yours would have hair. But i'll bet if you talk to Mike he will send you a mesh one for free to see if it's any better for you-he's really a great guy and is trying really hard to help our industry. Good luck

Comment

I had never even heard of these before! I checked out the site, shopped around and bought one. So excited to get it! Squeeee!

Comment

Working...
                  X