Sugar Scrubs - Amazing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar Scrubs - Amazing

I brewed up some sugar scrubs for myself and I cannot believe the results. I swear I will never buy another commerical potion for my face. After just a few uses my skin is clearer, firm, no breakouts and smooth as silk. I have been using it about every other day for over a week now. It works much better than the alpha hydroxy stuff i have bought in the past that was irritating. It doesnt leave my skin feeling greasy, filmy and breaking out like moisturizers.

Here are a few recipes I brewed up:

Olive Oil, Honey and Green Tea Facial Scrub:

1 cup regular fine granulated white sugar
    1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
    4 tbs honey
    1 lemon half squeezed into mix
    2 teabags of organic green tea sprinkled into mix

Mix well and toss into a sealed glass jar.

Brown Sugar, Honey and Coffee Body Scrub:

1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup regular or coarse white sugar
    1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
    3 TBS fresh coffee grounds
    3 tsp honey
    1 tsp vitamin E
    1 tsp vanilla

Mix well and toss into a sealed glass jar.

Anyone else have some good recipes?

I use Grapeseed oil for my face. It's drying & I have an oily face.
    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I love these! I just posted another thread asking for advice for my hubby's dry, cracked hands. (Groomer's Mud questions)...

I read your post, asked him to go to the kitchen sink and let me make him a hand wash. I poured a tbsp of sugar, a squeeze of lime, and about 1/16 tsp of argan oil into his hand and told him SCRUB! I omitted the green tea and/or coffee since caffeine is a good brightener for the face, but seemed not needed for his hands...

He scrubbed for about a minute and then washed his hands... followed with some Gold Bond Ultra healing (didn't seem to be working well on its own)....

He kept saying.. feel how soft.. Thank you! I'll try the other ones for my face...

Jessie.

Comment

Thats good to know, SmartNP, I will keep that in mind in the summer when I get break outs from working outside and sweating.

Lucy, I havent been scrubbing all the oil off with a washcloth - I leave a nice coating of the olive oil on my skin and after a few hours it absorbs and leaves it super soft. Your hub may have good luck with his hands by leaving a thin coat of the oil on them.

My husband touched my arm the other night and said "whooa your skin feels so soft." My mother commented today on my face and said she couldnt belive how clear and glowing it looked.

I saw a show once that discussed how the Greeks and Romans would massage olive oil into their skin after bathing, now I see why.

Man, I sound like an infomercial

Comment

D'Tails, excellent, excellent post!!!!
          I love these recipes! Thank you for sharing!!!!
          Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
          www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Should add that I keep a tub of this in the shower for my feet and elbows. It literally BUFFS off all of the dead skin and I have feet so sexy I could model them!! (Except that they are bordered by cankles, so...go no.
            Raw sugar
            Clover or orange blossom honey- organic and raw is best for its added wax and natural sugars
            Pure Vanilla Bean Extract or another added essential oil of choice to scent
            or added essentials of such as:
            Hyssop
            Lemon
            Lemongrass
            Chamomile- German or Roman
            Sandalwood
            Calendula (YUMMY)
            Bergamot
            Geranium
            Anything that tonifies and addresses dryness
            Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
            www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

This is SOOO what I needed to read

I want to offer sugar scrubs to my clients when i start my new housecall grooming business... I bought one from a natural soap type store, and was going to try it on my dogs... only think I didn't like is that it has SLS in it to give it some lather... but it did have coconut oil in it... might be nicer than olive oil. i'll start experimenting when I get home from the Northwest show.

Comment

Adding the oil for use on dogs will probably turn them into an oil slick when it coats the fur. I would definitely add the oil though to help Poodles suffering from SA, followed by a degreaser.

Windy, love the recipe. I never thought of adding vanilla, yum.

Comment

Yes--I forgot to say, the essentials can be added without added buildup on the coats! Oops! Also, you can add some of these in a dried herbal form as well!
                  www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

I love citrus essential oils for their degreasing properties. I add 2-3 drops to a mask recipe I use on my T-Zone.
                    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
                      I love citrus essential oils for their degreasing properties. I add 2-3 drops to a mask recipe I use on my T-Zone.

Can you share the rest of your mask recipe or is it an ancient family secret and you'd have to permanently silence me if you told me........lol

The homemade sugar scrub that I use daily is nothing more than plain white sugar (I keep a plastic tub in shower) with a few drops of peppermint oil added. I don't add it to the entire tub of sugar but just a few drops to each handfull before I apply it. On days that I feel congested or like my nose is stuffy I use eucalyptis oil instead of or added to the pepperment oil.

I started using tea tree essential oil on my crusty, yeasty cocker Joe and can't believe how much better his fungal spots are getting and how quickly! I tried every medicated shampoo I could find to help his skin and the thing that is working best is the homemade stuff I have been using him as a guinea pig for.

Please keep sharing the recipies and the success or failures you have had w/them and if you are using on yourself or at work.
                      SheilaB from SC

Comment

Try tea tree oil on a dog in a TINY place because some dogs are sensitive to it and it burns them. Not a real burn but, it feels like one to them.

2 Tablespoons ground oatmeal, 1/2 tablespoon green kaolin clay, a tablespoon honey, 2-3 drops sweet orange oil and an egg white. Apply to a wet face in the T-Zone, leave 3 minutes, wipe off excess with toilet paper and step into the shower. Rinse with luke warm water. If the water is warm enough to induce sweat your skin will produce more oil. Apply liberally to the forehead. Your skin will be ever so soft and oil free.

Comment

Originally posted by windywaycavaliers View Post
                          Yes--I forgot to say, the essentials can be added without added buildup on the coats! Oops! Also, you can add some of these in a dried herbal form as well!
                          Oops, I meant adding the olive oil will make the fur greasy...didn't mean essentials.

Where do you buy your esential oils? Would love to find a good source.

Comment

Originally posted by D'tails View Post
                            Oops, I meant adding the olive oil will make the fur greasy...didn't mean essentials.

Where do you buy your esential oils? Would love to find a good source.
                            I am currently in a hot & heavy relationship with Mountain Rose Herbs! *giggle*
                            http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/
                            www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Originally posted by windywaycavaliers View Post
                              I am currently in a hot & heavy relationship with Mountain Rose Herbs! *giggle*
                              http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/
                              Careful, Windy. I TOLD you how addicting essential oils are. Mountain Rose has a good reputation as well as http://www.rainbowmeadow.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X