The client says .." Well my Vet said......"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The client says .." Well my Vet said......"

My favorite laugh to date is a client who brings me a 5 month old shih pup she's trying to keep full coated. She hands me the dog and we talk about what I'm going to do because this is his first professional groom. after our chat she says " oh and dont cut the hair by the eyes , my vet says it will cause an eye infection!"

Second fav is From that twice a year client..... " I just paid a 100$ vet bill for an ear infection you caused because you didn't use that numbing powder when you pulled the ear hair"

hey i had a lady tell me not to trim the hair the hangs over the eyes because that's how they get eye problems then she explained that the hair is there to protect the eyes from things getting in them i said i'm sorry but if you want me to groom her i will trim some of it so she can see and i don't believe that's true i told her that most of the shih tzu's have eye problems but that she should ask the vet why? i have another client that pays me to demat her dog every time i groom her i do her every 2 weeks and she is always matted so recently i asked if i could cut her shorter as it's getting warmer she said no don't trim her at all not even her hair over her eyes it's okay if it's over her eyes i know she can see or else god would'nt of made her like that!i nicely smiled and said if everybody felt like you we pet groomers would be out of business but if that's what you want it's okay with me.by the way the dog is a maltese.

Comment

Vet Said

Originally posted by NUNGUIS View Post
      hey i had a lady tell me not to trim the hair the hangs over the eyes because that's how they get eye problems then she explained that the hair is there to protect the eyes from things getting in them i said i'm sorry but if you want me to groom her i will trim some of it so she can see and i don't believe that's true i told her that most of the shih tzu's have eye problems but that she should ask the vet why? i have another client that pays me to demat her dog every time i groom her i do her every 2 weeks and she is always matted so recently i asked if i could cut her shorter as it's getting warmer she said no don't trim her at all not even her hair over her eyes it's okay if it's over her eyes i know she can see or else god would'nt of made her like that!i nicely smiled and said if everybody felt like you we pet groomers would be out of business but if that's what you want it's okay with me.by the way the dog is a maltese.
      God didn't make dogs, people did....maybe the original one, but not the ones we have now!

I had an Old English Sheepdog who used to come in and bark, bark, bark. I got this idea to tie up the hair over his eyes into a topknot so he could see. He was so interested in looking around at the world he never could see, that he didn't bark again. I told the owner and suggested cutting the hair over the eyes and she said, no, you can't cut that hair, it has to be over the eyes. I was wondering, what do they think, the dog has X-ray eyes?

Comment

You should have asked her if she ever had the hair on her head (especially the 'bangs') cut -- you know, the hair God gave her?

Comment

I have a woman with 2 shihtzus who swears her dogs see a 'Dog Opthamoligist'!! Each time she comes in she says 'SHORTER!" , The last time she came in she paid started walking to the door and said "Oh, this won't do, around the eyes has to be shorter" I trim and same thing, she turns around and brings him back. I put him on the table and trim some more... She is heading out the door and inspecting the dogs eyes and then she did another l80 degree pivot. I got so tired of this I finally said:

"You know for five bucks extra I can shave his butt and teach him to walk backwards!" She laughed hard and finally said "Was I that bad??" I told her I would take the fifth on that one! She's a regular but lately with this second puppy she is becoming obnoxious. Glad she could take a joke

Comment

Originally posted by c.c. View Post
            You should have asked her if she ever had the hair on her head (especially the 'bangs') cut -- you know, the hair God gave her?
            Oh, that is SOoOoo good!

Tammy in Utah
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
            X