This one's for the GIRLS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one's for the GIRLS!

So yesterday I had my yearly "girly" appointment.

I had planned on going straight from work because the OB/GYN is right across the street from the animal hospital, it is so convenient. So in she comes, she's her usual friendly self, asking me about work, and my dogs and what not.

"Speaking of dogs," I said, "I am SO SORRY, I probably smell like one. I just finished my last dog before I came here and it's just so far to drive home and then come back so I apologize for wearing my grooming clothes and smelling like a dog."

She looked at me, pointblank and said:

"Tammy, with that logic, I'll just say this: I look at VAGINAS all day."

I nearly fell out of my chair, I was laughing so hard! "Good point, Doc! I wont worry about the dogs anymore!"

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

OMG I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. I had such a horrible day and it's so good to laugh! That's great!

Comment

LMAO! What is it with gyno's having a weird sense of humor? Many years ago, I was in for my yearly fun fest and laid out on the table in all my glory. Feeling awkward (I mean, are we ever really COMFY in that setup - I think not) and deciding a little light conversation was needed to break the silence, I asked my male doctor what prompted him to become a gynecologist in the first place. Crouched down like Johnny Bench behind home plate at the end of the exam table, he looked up, smiled and said, "I became an OB/GYN because I LOVE women!"

My eyes got big as saucers and I was starting to think I was in some sort of B-rate Lifetime Movie Special. "Ummm......(the silence was HUGE as he grinned up at me)...what do you mean, you 'love women'?" With a wicked little smile, he explained. "Women," he said, "come to the doctor when they're supposed to. They don't try to macho their way through anything and when you tell them what they need to do they generally tend to follow your advice. Men, on the other hand - ya gotta argue about every little thing and nine times out of ten, they ignore you anyway! What did you think I meant?"

Funn-neeee...
      Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
      George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

dang! She's bold. HAHAHAHA.
        "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
        People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

OMGoosh that is SOOO funny!
          "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Makes anal glands seem like nothing, haha!
            Bulldogs are adorable, with faces like toads that have been sat on.

Comment

Lol, i'm gonna have to keep an eye on this thread's responses for more laughs...

I actually have my own gyno/grooming related story. Years ago I was in for a check up and the Dr questioned me about multiple bruises I had going up my legs and thighs. (I had groomed a lot of Goldens and large dogs that week that threw their weight around and kicked and clawed me.) I explained to her that I was a groomer and got kicked a lot that week.

When my exam was over I walked to t he front desk to check out and the receptionist flipped open my records folder on the desk - I look down and start reading the Drs notes and see something to the effect of "Patient questioned regarding multiple bruises on legs and thighs. Denies abuse." I got a real laugh out of that one. I checked myself out better when I got home and one of the bruises was actually shaped like a large paw with one large bruise in the center surrounded by small ones from each of the dog's toes.

Comment

Originally posted by D'tails View Post
                Lol, i'm gonna have to keep an eye on this thread's responses for more laughs...

I actually have my own gyno/grooming related story. Years ago I was in for a check up and the Dr questioned me about multiple bruises I had going up my legs and thighs. (I had groomed a lot of Goldens and large dogs that week that threw their weight around and kicked and clawed me.) I explained to her that I was a groomer and got kicked a lot that week.

When my exam was over I walked to t he front desk to check out and the receptionist flipped open my records folder on the desk - I look down and start reading the Drs notes and see something to the effect of "Patient questioned regarding multiple bruises on legs and thighs. Denies abuse." I got a real laugh out of that one. I checked myself out better when I got home and one of the bruises was actually shaped like a large paw with one large bruise in the center surrounded by small ones from each of the dog's toes.
                I've had similar experiences, I always look like I've been beat to hell! Course there was the one time I went repelling off the side of a football stadium when I tried ROTC The inside of my thigh looked horrid! Luckily, Dr. believed the repelling story!

Comment

Originally posted by D'tails View Post

ROFL..."Denies abuse." That's hilarious!

Tammy
                  Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Coulda been worse.... could have written "admits to dog abuse"

Comment

A few years ago when I was about 25 I was in for my yearly appointment and this time I had a new doctor that I had not seen before. As she was examining me she said "I can see no babies have passed through here yet!" I looked at her with wide, surprised eyes and said "yes, that is indeed true." It was very funny, but also somewhat embarassing.

Comment

LOL!!! I am sure you weren't expecting that!!
                        ***Darlynn***
                        ***DON"T HATE ME BECAUSE IM POODLEFUL!!***

Comment

I had a long scar down the inside of my arm that looked pretty purple and knarly. It was caused by a dumb dog (my own dumb dog to be exact) and a dremel that was just a little too powerful to be used for toenails. Anyway, it was pretty nasty looking for about a year and when I went in for my yearly exam they kept staring at my arm and asking if everything was ok at home, in my life, was I feeling depression, was I seeing a psychiatrist/psycologist, etc. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me until I got out of there. They must have thought my scar was a botched suicide attempt. Thanks to maderma that scar is mostly gone now, but man I got some pretty weird stares that year.
                          I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
                          -Michelangelo

Comment

I went into my doc for my annual this week with bruises on my wrist and a BIG bruises and a small scabs where the dogs bit me the second time. All he said was "what got ya this time." Guess it shows that I have been going to the same doc for my entire life and he has been the one to stitch me up half a dozen times.

Comment

OMG,,that is hysterical! I nearly spit out my wine,,,thanks for the huge laugh!!!
                              Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                              www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Working...
                              X