Tick removal-not MY job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick removal-not MY job!

I think in the many years I've been grooming I have probably removed at least a thousand ticks, if not more. I've committed numerous heinous acts of flea homicide as well. I haven't had a problem removing ticks from dogs, cats, even snakes in years (my first experience I will admit to being more than squeamish). But when my husband came down in the morning and said "Is this what I think it is" and I see a tick embedded in his shoulder, EWWWWW. I almost threw up having to remove it. I grabbed my tick spoon to get it out, but it really seemed to be painful for him. Bleck, even talking about it is making my skin crawl. No where in my mariage vows did I promise tick removal! LOL Maybe they should start adding that in just in case. He had been doing campus clean up at work and was out in the woods so that's where we think he got it. Uck, I'm gagging just thinking about it again. I have no idea why I can remove them from an animal without a probelm, but a person, yuck.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Back in the day when I was a teen my friends and I used to go to horse camp,and there were so many ticks we had to check each others heads every night. Thank heavens for these newfangled tick twisters and spoons! We used to dab them with a hot match that had just been blown out,to make sure the head was out,and then grab em with tweezers. On the canadian prairies where I come from the ticks are huge compared to the deer ticks we have on Vancouver Island. I have seen engorged ones the size of a large grape.
    "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
    Quote:Cath

Comment

My hubby got one on his testicles once. You can fill in the rest of the story.
      Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
      George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Maybe he should see a Dr

to make sure he doesn't get tick fever. Or some bad symptoms from the thick. Good wife......you are a good wife.

Comment

EEEEWWWWWWWWW! Glad you got it off of him!! We seem to have alot of ticks here compared to our last country home. We find them on us just being in the yard or even on the kids' basketball court. Two weeks ago there was one in my undies... ICK! Thank heavens I took that potty break. The blowed up ones are soooooo gross to me... feeling creepy crawly now!!

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
            My hubby got one on his testicles once. You can fill in the rest of the story.
            OH NO!!!! Did you have to remove it?
            What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Originally posted by mylady View Post
              OH NO!!!! Did you have to remove it?
              Yep. I'll spare you the details but suffice it to say neither one of us had a "happy ending".
              Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
              George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Originally posted by Jenneversage64 View Post
                to make sure he doesn't get tick fever. Or some bad symptoms from the thick. Good wife......you are a good wife.
                Seriously, be sure to test for Lyme, my uncle and two cousins have it. Two didn't treat it soon enough and have permanent issues, one went mostly deaf, the other has bells palsey. It isn't as bad as it was
                before it got treated but it is still there.
                Lol puppyfluffer, my friend had his dad remove his from his unmentionable spot

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
                  Yep. I'll spare you the details but suffice it to say neither one of us had a "happy ending".
                  Oh my!!! What a great beginning to my day..poor guy..

Comment

I don't think

I'd find it different from removing a tick from dogs. Been around them too much over the years. I think Puppyfluffer's position would be disconcerting though.

But I do feel that if a dog hair is in my soup, I pull it out and continue eating, but Blllaaaaagh if there was a human hair in it, I'd be close to retching and toss the bowl of soup out.
                    Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Working...
                    X