What's in a Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in a Name?

I have a little mini Poodle client who's very new to the shop. Her old groomer didn't want to do her anymore and so she came to me. One of the reasons is because she screams bloody murder when you try to give her Poodle feet. Never bites, just wails and wails. Same thing if you touch her tail.

Her family is Italian. They named her Merida (I think that's how they spelled it). Sounds pretty, right? Well, Nancy (the CMG I work under) asked her daddy what it meant when she came in the other day. His response? "It's Italian for $&*7head!"

She certainly can be one when you go to touch her toes...

Originally posted by J.C. DogHero View Post
    I have a little mini Poodle client who's very new to the shop. Her old groomer didn't want to do her anymore and so she came to me. One of the reasons is because she screams bloody murder when you try to give her Poodle feet. Never bites, just wails and wails. Same thing if you touch her tail.

Her family is Italian. They named her Merida (I think that's how they spelled it). Sounds pretty, right? Well, Nancy (the CMG I work under) asked her daddy what it meant when she came in the other day. His response? "It's Italian for $&*7head!"

She certainly can be one when you go to touch her toes...
    [email protected] = either "testa di cazzo" or "pezzo di merda". There is no exact correspondence.

http://community.livejournal.com/lin...s/2762392.html
    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

You know how five minutes after the person you were talking with leaves you come up with the PERFECT smart aleck remark? M response to the title of this thread SHOULD have been, "I dunno, Mr. Doghero, you tell US!"
      "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
        You know how five minutes after the person you were talking with leaves you come up with the PERFECT smart aleck remark? M response to the title of this thread SHOULD have been, "I dunno, Mr. Doghero, you tell US!"
        Your name should be Smart-n-Alecky............lol (just some good humored kidding).
        A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

Originally posted by MydogMissy View Post
          Your name should be Smart-n-Alecky............lol (just some good humored kidding).
          LOL! 4Sibes calls me something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
            First, I would've laughed. Then, I'd say, "Wait a minute, did you just call me a man??" Finally, thanks for the new swears. Now no one at the shop can feel bad about corrupting me any further

Comment

Working...
            X