Why I love Cockers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I love Cockers.

I know these guys get a bad rap but I have had the benefit of owning three of the nicest ones ever, and one mean as s--t that would not let anyone in the bedroom. After a long day of shopping with three kids I got home to my four very crazy dogs, I got everything unloaded and was looking forward to eating some yummy m&m cookies, when suddenly I saw my Parti color Jasmine on the dinning table stealing it out of my purse, realizing my powerlessness over the breed that is a cross b/w a dog and a pig I mourned my loss.....a little while later I went to get something out of my purse and Jasmine had left me something in exchange her favorite tennis ball.

Awww that is so sweet...sorry you lost your cookie, did you have fun with the tennis ball?

Comment

More Cocker Kudos

My cookie theif did another good deed, my Rabbit disappeared from his outdoor run and it was pitch black and we live in the woods, I started to panic but Jasmine within a matter of minutes sniffed him out hiding under the garage step, she plays with him and I think the dogs think he is a really strange looking dog. Thank you wonderful doggy.

Comment

We just lost our little parti cocker last month, but a few years back my sister had been pet sitting (I was pregnant with my first so about 7 years ago actually) and left the doors open so the cats both got out. They had never been outside before and though we found Spook, he was under the neighbors porch where we couldn't reach him and he was too afraid to come out. I went in, got Tawney, brought her out and hubby said "Tawney, go get Spook". She walked in, touched noses with him, and he followed her out.

After my daughter was born, this dog who had hated kids, became very protective of her. One day I was changing Evie, she was about 2 weeks old at the time, and Tawney was running around whimpering because Evie was crying. Finally I see a little nose over the edge of the changing table and see Tawney placing her tennis ball next to Evie. This dog never gave her tennis ball to anyone, unless it was her dad and he was going to play fetch with her. I knew I wasn't going to have to worry about her with Evie after that, and even though she'd gone blind in one eye during the pregnancy (and she was only 9) she adapted wonderfully to having a baby in the house and never, ever got grumpy with either of the kids. Even after she was totally blind and deaf.
        What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

That is cute

A brief cookie fix traded for a long time tennis ball. A good Cocker is a wonderful loving waggy tailed pet. I groom one in full coat, brushed daily and the sweetest dog. I enjoy primping him. He goes berserk with waggy body when I come over to groom him. So many bad grouchy bitey stinky ones, but he's a pleasure.
          Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Sorry about the crazies, I had Jasmine looked over by the dog show folks and they said show her, but I am afraid that I won't be able to find good homes after seeing the way so many dogs are treated since they are of course high maintenance.

Comment

It's funny, but since I moved from Ohio to NY I rarely meet a not so nice cocker. And the few I did at the salon that were supposedly biters or aggressive loved me! I swore after I met my husband and then of course, through him, had a cocker, I became a member of this secret society. It seemed once she had begrudglingly accepted me as part of her family, I almost never had a bad cocker again! So that's the answer, everyone run out and get a cocker and your cocker clients will HAVE to accept you and be nice to you. LOL. I used to do one cocker that had bitten every groomer/bather who had ever tried to touch her and she adored me. Wagging tail, kissy face, everything. Then there was another who I was told either loved you or hated you, and if he hated you, better watch out. Luckily he liked me AND even my husband. I must have some special mark now. Like that code the sheep gave to the dogs in Babe LOL.
              What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffy Girl View Post
                Sorry about the crazies, I had Jasmine looked over by the dog show folks and they said show her, but I am afraid that I won't be able to find good homes after seeing the way so many dogs are treated since they are of course high maintenance.
                You could always spay her after she is finished,or you are done showing her. You don't have to breed ,It is just the heats,and the possibilty of Pyometra to think about,Lots of people up here spay/neuter some of their showdogs,and place them in good homes or do agility etc. after they are done showing the dog.
                "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                Quote:Cath

Comment

Working...
                X