Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you've been around animals too long when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you've been around animals too long when...

I thought of these and some didnt fit in the "grooming specific" category so I'd though id start my own thread. I just randomly thought these up, so if you think of any more please add!

50 dogs barking at hours on end doesnt bother you but someone cellphone going off constantly in a department store does

When you drive by someone walking thier dog you try to name the breed as fast you as you can, even though no-one else in the car knows what the heck you talking about

You know fully well that cats train people better than we train dogs

You enjoy some dog treats and steal them from the treat jar before the dog can notice

You can identify dog food brands by smell

You have to buy a new pillowand or blanket because your current ones have been stolen by the cat

You find hair in your drink/food and still eat it without batting an eye

You share utensils with your pet

Heck sometimes the same plate too

You base your daily schedule around your pets sleeping habits

You treat pet photos like they are your kids and show them to EVERYONE

Your shopping at a pet store and notice someone needs help and end up there for another hour helping people

You wish you could bring your pet to the mall to make shopping more fun

You cant get the hair out of the human use towels

You use a matbreaker to get knots out of your hair

You can make a cat muzzle out of anything

I'll post more as I think of them...

i can sure relate...

"You know fully well that cats train people better than we train dogs"

LOL!!! All of my cats agree with this one!! These are really funny and very true.

Stacey

Comment

When your kids stay mad at you because your Boxer always gets to ride "shot gun" and they get the backseat.

When you hate to go anywhere that you can't take your dog.

When people ask you where your dog is if they see you w/out her.

When the lady at the bank knows your dog by name but not your kids.

When you spend more time and money on your dogs Halloween costume than you do on your own or on your kids costumes.

You know you have infected your kids w/your craziness when they refer to the family pets as their little brothers and sisters.
      SheilaB from SC

Comment

You know you've been around dogs too long when cloud formations --billowy white ones, all look like dogs...mostly Bichons and poodles.

Comment

...when you tell your human kids to Sit, Stay, Good Boy

....when you are on your way to your own Dr and wind up pulling into the vets office (Ive done this)

Comment

you KNOW you've been around dogs too long when you're mom keeps reminding you of how in Grade 1 you got suspended for "swearing" when you were really referring to a female dog

True story lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy Puppy View Post

....when you are on your way to your own Dr and wind up pulling into the vets office (Ive done this)
              Oh my god! I thought i was the only one! lol

Comment

When you go mountain biking and there's only one water bottle so you and the dog share.

When the dog's exercise needs take a higher priority that your own.

When you buy a certain kind of meat for dinner because it's got the right kind of bones for the dog to chew on.

When you choose sports to participate in based on whether or not the dog can come with you.

When you choose not to visit certain friends because your dog can't come in.

Comment

when you tell your hairdresser that you need a b&b...brows and bangs lol GUILTY

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy Puppy View Post

When you heard your human kids tell their kids to sit and stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Reader View Post
                      When you go mountain biking and there's only one water bottle so you and the dog share.

When the dog's exercise needs take a higher priority that your own.

When you buy a certain kind of meat for dinner because it's got the right kind of bones for the dog to chew on.

When you choose sports to participate in based on whether or not the dog can come with you.

When you choose not to visit certain friends because your dog can't come in.
                      When no one comes to visit you because you moved to far out of town for your animals.

Comment

Originally posted by sheilabgroomer View Post
                        When your kids stay mad at you because your Boxer always gets to ride "shot gun" and they get the backseat.

When you hate to go anywhere that you can't take your dog.

When people ask you where your dog is if they see you w/out her.

When the lady at the bank knows your dog by name but not your kids.

When you spend more time and money on your dogs Halloween costume than you do on your own or on your kids costumes.

You know you have infected your kids w/your craziness when they refer to the family pets as their little brothers and sisters.
                        I love the bank one because they never forget the dos names but they do forget mine lol
                        "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
                        Nancy

Comment

You're walking and someone walks towards you with their dog, and you say hi to the dog first. I never realized I was doing this; my bf pointed it out. He thinks that's very weird!

Comment

You know what ingredients are in your pets food, but you have no idea what is in your own food.

Your refrigerator is full, but there's nothing for you to eat because it's all for the animals.

You buy designer pet clothes and pet jewelry and all you wear are old jeans.

You buy a home based on if it will work for your pets.

You give your pets spa treatments and you haven't been to a salon in years.

You are out on a road trip and you make a stop at a fast food drive through and all you get is a plain burger and some water for your poodle.

Your cat has her own website and gets mail.
                            (I honestly have no idea how one of my cats started getting mail! My husband and I are very suspicious of her now though.)

Comment

Originally posted by misscatahoula View Post
                              You're walking and someone walks towards you with their dog, and you say hi to the dog first. I never realized I was doing this; my bf pointed it out. He thinks that's very weird!
                              Oh my I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one to do this LOL.

Originally Posted by Reader

When your children share their water bottle with the dog even though the dogs full water dish is less than a foot away.

Comment

Working...
                              X