Lost 22 pounds on Keto plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost 22 pounds on Keto plan

I am following it about 95% now for 8 weeks. Hit 22 pounds today. I have always had a hard time losing weight, never lose more than a few pounds. So I told I have insulin resistance and you can practically starve and not lose weight, so true. Thing is I am not going hungry. First 30 days was minimal and had to learn how to keep myself mostly with timing in fat burning with no exercise other than grooming. 25 more to go. You get to actually eat lots of fatty foods but good fats and oils. First time in my life really losing weight every week now and not starving it off.

I lost 54 pounds on keto 2 years ago nothing else worked. Insulin resistance here too. Changed my life, you can eat and lose weight following the 16 8 intermittent fasting and get rid of most carbs.

Comment

Congrats! It's definitely not easy. I've lost 32 following a post bariatric surgery diet (without the surgery). While I have followed a restricted calorie 'diet' for a long time, it turns out cutting sugar and simple carbs did it for me. It's now become more of a way of life for me and I barely have to think about what I'm eating anymore. Ihave a lot more to go though.

Comment

Definitely most people with weight that won't go easily without cutting carbs and sugars have insulin resistance. You don't have to go full board with Keto but that is key to their weight loss the keto avoidance of carbs, more fats and intermittent fasting. I did well following Dr. Berg on YouTube and the variations he offers. Best info I know and explained easily. Congratulations to all of you.

Comment

Best things I learned from Keto was the critical lack of potassium in most american diets. Look at a bottle of potassium supplement. Usually 500mg capsules and that's only about 10% of the minimum daily requirement of 4,700 mg. If you are not eating a huge bowl of leafy greens most people are very deficient and yet heavy in sodium. It should be the opposite low sodium and high potassium. For dieting just finding a way to get 4500 mg was hard and made all the difference. Weight started going off in less than a week and I had tons of energy.

Comment

And forgot, good going!

Comment

I found Keto pretty easy, you get eat healthy fats, eggs, meats, cheese, olives, and now UnBun is there with a DELICIOUS bread so much like bread and only like 2 net carbs. So you don't have to bread less, and pizza with cheese crust....and nice sweets. I lost 80 pounds in a year and was eating well. I like Dr. Berg on YT.

Comment

Originally posted by On the Go View Post
                Definitely most people with weight that won't go easily without cutting carbs and sugars have insulin resistance. You don't have to go full board with Keto but that is key to their weight loss the keto avoidance of carbs, more fats and intermittent fasting. I did well following Dr. Berg on YouTube and the variations he offers. Best info I know and explained easily. Congratulations to all of you.
                That's definitely most. My doctor was just convinced that's what was wrong with me. Well that and gluten intolerance. I said test me. He did. He told me people who eat right and exercise every day would be around a 5-7 and he was sure I was going to be in the 20's. Came in around 9 (well within normal limits) and he was shocked. I'm also not gluten intolerant. I wanted to go back and say nananananaaa

Comment

Originally posted by Sarahsmomma View Post
                  I found Keto pretty easy, you get eat healthy fats, eggs, meats, cheese, olives, and now UnBun is there with a DELICIOUS bread so much like bread and only like 2 net carbs. So you don't have to bread less, and pizza with cheese crust....and nice sweets. I lost 80 pounds in a year and was eating well. I like Dr. Berg on YT.
                  Dr. Berg is one of the best explaining things. Even it not Keto his advice is so good and shocked at some of the bad advice out there in medical world as far as nutrition.

Comment

Working...
                  X