IVAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IVAC

I have an IVAC here to try for a week!! I'm excited! I hope I like it, though it seems like it vibrates alot. AND it seems hard to get the blades on. I'll try it for the first time tomorrow. What do you IVAC owners think about this clipper? I'll be using it with my clippervac mini.

I would like to hear your feedback on it Jen.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I use mine in my van and I really like it, when I use it. Mainly I use it for bichons and poodles because I can scissor any mistake I may make pretty easily. The blades are difficult to get on at first as they are with any Laube clipper, but let me tell you, they don't come off for anything. I've never tried a clippervac so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I do really like it.
      don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

If the clippers are vibrating you probably don't have the blades seated properly. The Laube clippers have a double click and the blades are hard to get on until they get broken in.

Comment

Oh and I forgot to say that I love mine. I bought it at Intergroom last year and I haven't had any problems with it.

Comment

watch your cord/ plug in area

Hi, I loved my iVac, probably too much, and since I'm still trying to get it serviced...(long story) I'll be really happy when it finally arrives fixed! It came back, and didn't work, so it's on it's second round...hopefully it will not take as long this time for a return. Plugged it in (like 4 or 5 different plug in-s in the house) and nothing, nada...probably just an over site, but man it's the pits not to have it and have to send it back a second time for a fix!

Watch your cords and where they plug-in to the actual clipper. There is a defect in some units. The cord becomes loose. If it does, you'll need to send it back and have them put the up-grade on it. The up grade is a larger cord, with a screw lock into the clipper.( which means they have to alter the clipper , too)

Oh well, I have my 503's to fall back on.

Comment

I haven't bought it yet.... this was left for me to try. Well after two dogs, the cord came out from the hard rubber thingy. So I stopped using it.
              The blades are on well, tight, the clipper vibrates a bit more than my andis. Also its louder, more like the sound of an oster.
              Things I didn't like....
              The switch being at the end near the cord, I had trouble turning it off with the same hand I was holding it in. Could get used to.
              The air regulator, I tend to keep that open, (like the flap on the romani attachment) and my finger or depending on which hand I had it in, would sometimes cover it changing the suction, OOPS, shorter! But then when I realized what I was doing, I was more aware. Also the clipper itself is slippery to hold, very smooth, could use some texture or rubber or something.
              I like the lightness of it, it was awkward at first getting used to the resistance at the end rather than the front of the clipper. My s pop out of place, often.... so that resistance made them POP! OUCH! but I think I'd get used to that and compensate in the way I handle the clipper so that my s don't pop LOL
              All in all I think it could be good, but I'm going to call the man that left it with me to take it back because of the cord. maybe if he gets a renewed one he'll let me try again. There are definitely some things I would change, but I think I could get used to all the things I don't like about it. And find I would like it in the long run.

Comment

glad to hear some feedback on it. I think I will just live without one.
                If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I played with one at Hershey, but for some reason it just didn't feel right to me after being so used to the Andis with the Taxi Vac. I went prepared to buy one, but decided against it.

Comment

I love my iVac. It does take a little to get used to locking the blades into the clipper. I need to figure out how to adjust a couple of my blades so they don't vibrate so much. But overall I think it is a wonderful clipper.

Comment

I love love love my iVac! I was accustomed to the Taxi Vac with the Andis clipper which I loved too, but after using the iVac, I won't ever clip without it. I've been using it for almost a year now and I even bought a 2nd pair backup because I would never want to be without it if it needed repair. Fits all my Oster, Andis and Laube blades with no problems. I love the non-obstructed view while clipping - can you tell I like this clipper, heehee

Comment

If the iVAC is anything like the other Laube's I've used, you have to push the lever up to get the blade on. It's not like the Andis or others where you just push the blade on. That same lever that you push up on to RELEASE the blade is the same lever you push up on to get the blade on.

(Learned the hard way).

Tammy in Utah
                        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
                          If the iVAC is anything like the other Laube's I've used, you have to push the lever up to get the blade on. It's not like the Andis or others where you just push the blade on. That same lever that you push up on to RELEASE the blade is the same lever you push up on to get the blade on.

(Learned the hard way).

Tammy in Utah
                          EDIT above from Tammy: Kim Laube Management just PM'd me and informed me that is incorrect, I had misinterpreted something the blade guyz had said. Apparently it's push the blade down, then push it a second time. How I got that one wrong I dont' know, lol. SORRY KLMANAGEMENT! My bad!

Tammy in Utah
                          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

okay, I'm lost?

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
                            Apparently it's push the blade down, then push it a second time. How I got that one wrong I dont' know, lol.
                            Tammy in Utah
                            Is this for IVAC only. I've not plunged and bought one yet, but do have the Razer. Push the blade down, then push it a second time? You mean put the blade on like Andis, which I know doesn't work with my Laube. Push a second time? Or is it push the release lever, then push a second time? Please explain more for me anyway.
                            Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

What's with the lights???

I had that problem with my new ivac cord too.... after only a week the cord broke from the rubber end and is trying to short out. My boss is going to call who we got it from and get a replacement cord.

And what the heck is the idea behind the lights?? They don't help me see any better to clip and it makes the body HOT half way through a big hairy!! Has anyone else out there taken out the bulbs? Will it work and how do I get the housing apart, I didn't get any warrenty or informational brochure with my set up...

Otherwise, little getting used to the blade lock and a couple of my longer blades, ie: #3 st and my #3/4 inch wouldn't lock on, but I changed the assembly and they work now.

The blades definitely get hotter with the ivac hooked to my taxi vac, than the set up that came with my taxi vac. Still not as hot as a non suction set up but I have had to use the spray a heck of a lot more!

Also, I am having to oil my blades a lot more, I assume because of the increase in blade speed, there seems to be also a decrease in suction or because of where the opening is it doesn't clean out the blades as well, I only occasionally had to brush out my blades because the suction got it all, now I have to do it a lot more often.

Otherwise, I love the set up, love the much more ergonomic way it works (as long as I hold the hose up w/ belly against the table, otherwise it gets a little heavy/pully at the end), love being able to scoop out toy poodle pads and eye corners w/out that hose in the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X