replacing steel wahl combs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing steel wahl combs?

So at the shop we have several steel comb attachments that could do with some replacing. I've futzed with moving the springs a bit to make some of them work, but one has a definite broken plastic piece. Should I send all of them back to Wahl and hope they replace them, or should I just get a new set?

You can send them back to wahl and they will send replacements.
    I did this with 2 of mine, and I got new ones in a few weeks.
    email [email protected] and explain your problem.
    She told me just to send her the combs that needed replacing and they sent me new.
    Deanne

Comment

send them back to wahl. they have already replaced a few of mine.
      Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
      "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Well

Which you you rather do? I am sure they would do either

Comment

How much is it for them to replace them. Two of my springs are broken

Comment

All it cost me was the postage to ship them there. Less than 2 bucks and I shipped off 2 combs.
            Deanne

Comment

Steel snap on combs

Anyone having this problem with the steel combs? They are breaking off the teeth on my #30s and #40s. At first they worked great but then, after a fair amount of use the teeth are breaking off on my blades. It seems that the combs are shifting and they begin to rattle and I know I'm in trouble. Thanks for any feedback, in advance

Comment

I don't have the Wahl combs but I've heard from a groomer friend of mine that it is not uncommon that the break the teeth on the blades when they are not clipped on the blade properly (in other words, not lined up properly).

Comment

Pawz, there is a warning on the side of the package that states not to use them with a 40 under them because it will break off the teeth. I have noticed after using them over a 10 the fit funny...I dont know if I am completely sold on these new combs or not. Also I have a hard time getting them over the blades and off of the blades to switch lengths...anyone else have that problem?

Comment

I've been using a Wahl #10 and they've alway worked perfectly. The last teeth on the 10 is wider than the 30, so it seems to stay on better.

Comment

Just to repeat, there are instructions NOT to use a #40 blade. TO use a #30.
                      I've never had mine damage a blade. I use them daily all day.
                      I have a backup set just in case though, I like them so much!

Comment

To ad to Jen's post-

Wahl ALSO suggests you DO NOT use Laube clippers (why, I don't know) and that you use only their 30blade since theirs is thivkers than the rest.

Comment

They probably don't want you to use Laube clippers because they want you to be using Wahl clippers!! Anyway, we use these in our shop with #30 blades and LOVE them. One of us uses a Wahl clipper and one uses a Laube. They have worked great with both clippers in our experience so far.

Comment

Working...
                          X