dog bath tub question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dog bath tub question

I think it was on the old board that I saw pictures of tubs with ramps that I believe were made of fiberglass. I remember that they were much cheaper than stainless. I think they were marketed to groomers and not a home made deal. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

There's this australian company its called Groomers Friend. go to their website. groomersfriend.com. Click "products" then click something like "tubs w/ramps". i think that is what you are thinking about. They are called "Groom-Ezy" tubs. but are not made to be used with bathingsystems (i.e Hydrosurge etc...) Thay come in many strange (and normal) colors. I dont know much about them or the company. check it out. hope that helps.

Comment

I really like those tubs..... All the other products are from Marlene Romani in Pennsylvannia except for the tables. Those are even her combs and work stations. She must be marketing through them over there, they still have her company name on most, she may be able to get the tubs from them though without all the shipping, something to check into.

Comment

Wow!I'm gonna request pricing. Funky colors!

Comment

Try newbreedtub dot com they have great tubs as well. I think they look sharp.

Comment

Thanks Gracy!

That was the one I remembered seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Briarpatch View Post
              Thanks Gracy!

That was the one I remembered seeing.
              I have seen The tubs from New Breed and I wasn't too impressed. I did alot of research on those type of tubs and even went out of town to look at them. I guess it depends on the look of your store but it only comes in glossy white and the ones I saw were quite scratched so it would take quite a bit of upkeep to keep them in good shape. I also am not a big fan of siding I think its tacky. Also the bottom is pitted and since they are so bright white again you would need to scour them every time in order to keep them clean and the ones I saw also had to have skid inserts placed. Two good things are the insert for the small dogs and the size of the tub is great. They are out of Oregon so if you live close and decide to order them I would drive if not the shipping was really expensive.

We decided to go with tubs from petspa.net. They are a bit smaller, but the ones I did see looked brand new after heavy use and you don't need to put anything on the bottom its rough enough. I just wouldn't get a dark color because you can see the scratches. We are ordering these for our SSDW and are going to surround with a formica. You will get instructions on how to build them out from Judy. She will also give you lots of advice on SSDW if this is what you are doing. Hope that helped.

Comment

those look really nice. There aren't any prices on the web site, do you know what they cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Briarpatch View Post
                  those look really nice. There aren't any prices on the web site, do you know what they cost?
                  They are 899 for the insert. You have to build the surround. We are estimating aroudn 250.00 for each and that is using greenboard and formica. You can get special colors if you want. We are going with a speckled white. I am waiting to hear back how much extra it will be so I will keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
                  X