Eqyss line...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eqyss line...

As many of you know, I have been sampling many different lines. I need to try my Eqyss for awhile longer, but so far, it is my favorite. The Premier shampoo seems to be good for everything, the MicroTek spray can be used as ear cleaner as well as for irritated areas, the Premier Creme Rinse is to DIE for and supposedly the Premier Spray, when used before the final blow dry, actually reduces dry time. Again, I will be testing it out some more first. Does anyone else use this line, and if so, what can be used on greasy dogs? Does it leave your poodles/bichons scissorable?

Eqyss is awesome ! For greasy dogs and cocker ears, I use F&T degreaser. I either use it straight or add it to my shampoo.

Comment

Gracy, do you see any benefit from using the MicroTek shampoo? I like the spray to apply to freshly shaved tummies, bums and stinky outer ear canals. I don't know if the rehydrant spray does what it says, but boy does it smell nice! I was thinking of purchasing more of the Premier, more of both sprays and nothing else...I've had more time to use it lately and that is what I have liked.

Comment

Microtek is AWESOME for dogs with bad skin, allergies, hot spots and sores. I think the rehydrating spray should be a cologne :-)

Comment

I like Eqyss Premire shampoo and micro-tek stuff too. But I LOVE the Premier Creme Rinse and love the smell. I don't care for Avocado conditioner/detangler though. Havn't try their Survivor Detangler & Shine, suppose to be a very good one. Eqyss is not cheap almost as expensive as Les pooch, I'm not sure if it's worthy. Don't get me wrong, I like their stuff but there are lots other products are much cheaper and good to use too.

Comment

Eqyss was one of the first lines I tried. I'm definitely keeping it in mind, and I'm pretty much comparing everything else I try to it. I love all the scents in the line (even the microtek!), but the one thing I've noticed is everything seems to be very drying to my hands. The premier isn't too bad, but the microtek is quite drying. I suppose it's due to the medicinal properties.

I'm finishing up the Bark to Basics (that company was extremely generous in their samples!), and the line is ok.. not outstanding I admit.. but the dogs do come out clean.. however I didn't find it anything particularly "special". I could see retailing the line, but for a professional grooming shop, it seems the products we use should stand out above the crowd

I just received Davis and Espree. I'll be trying them out over the next few days. (On the first shot of using Davis.. it does clean very well, but the scents aren't as good as some of the other lines).

Comment

What do you look for

When you are trying out different shampoos? How do you know what is good and what isn't? The only ones I have used are the Ryan's brand Desert Suds (petsomething used them), Kenic Emu Oil, and Espree Hypo and Tar and Sulphar. We use the Emu Oil for most everything right now, but I don't like that the dogs still smell like dog after 2 shampoos. I like the dogs to smell like the shampoo when I'm done.

Comment

EQyss has been my main shampoo for many years now. The company has been in business for 15 or so years and I've been using the line for 12-13 years LOL!! I've searched and searched and can't find anything better for general usage. I still like CC Clean Start and AfterBath for cats and greasy coats but everything else is EQyss.

I keep telling Mark that if people knew how to use the Survivor gel that he'd never have any in stock LOL!! I use it in place of a heavy conditioner where needed. Like Schnauzer furnishings; long tails; long ears and drop coated breeds that you leave longer. It just makes the coats so much easier to handle! And next time when I groom them, the pets don't have "issues" with tangly areas like they did before I started using the Survivor. A little bit goes a long way. I'll put a dime size squirt of gel in my hands and rub them together and apply to the beard and front legs of a Schnauzer and then 1/2 that amount to the rear legs and furnishings and HV dry as normal. Next groom there are far fewer tangles in those areas. I also groom a lot of Shih Tzu that have a longer body and it works great as a leave on for them, too. Their ears and tail turn out so silky feeling and they don't come back tangled next time.

The Cloud 9/Premier rinse is wonderful on scissored coats! It doesn't make the coat lay flat nor does it add any weight to the coat so it stands well for scissoring. I like to use it through my Bathing Beauty but I have to dilute it first to get it to work right LOL!!!

I've been able to stop using an expensive Rx hand lotion on my hands since I switched to the EQyss line. I use a lot of the Micro-Tek for Medicated baths and it has never dried me out but it sure works well for medicated applications! Try flushing a stinky ear with diluted Micro-Tek shampoo and rinsing and then using the spray-ti really works to cure that ear funk! Are you in a dry climate? I have very high humidity for most of the year and don't notice the dryness anymore.

I like all the sprays-they smell good and seem to work. I have had a hard time just sticking with EQyss for the past year and after trying some other products I just have to stay with the EQyss because of the results I get. The pets' coats are nicer, skin issues almost disappear with the Premier, my hands aren't all icky all the time and the whole line is very "green" friendly. I think the line is reasonably priced and quite economical for the many benefits it offers. I like the way that it rinses so easily and cleans like heck without being harsh. The whole line is a great product line that, IMO, can't be beat

Comment

I've recently purchased the spa lavish line. Omg..I love the way it makes their coats..shiny, clean smelling and tames fly away hair..not heavy. the colognes are awesome! My clients are noticing the difference. the comfort is wonderful, but the most comments come from the renew cologne. I just love them. so far, so good

Comment

On a similar note... Here in the UK John Paul Mitchel have just launched a pet line of shampoos, conditioner tooth and paw wipes. I understand this has already been available in the US for some time, yet I have never heard anyone mention it. Has anyone ever tried it? what are your thoughts about this range too?

Comment

Hairdevil- how do you order the spa lavish line? I went to the website and could not see any prices. How much is their stuff? and how economical? As in, do you need a lot to clean an average house dog that doesn't roll in the beach all week? Someone mentioned the desert rain stuff- that stuff really seemed to need a lot of shampoo to clean if it was properly diluted- I would need sometimes a whole mixing bottle of the tearless for a grimy shihtzu head to really get clean and 3 washes!

Comment

Micro Tek improved the skin condition of my hands

I had lived in Utah for 5 years and my skin in general aged sooo much from the dry climate. I have been using Micro Tek Stop Itch on all the dogs I groom and my hands look and feel so much better. I don't even use lubriderm anymore.
                        I bathe the dog first with Micro Tek Stop Itch or Premier. Then rinse quickly. Then I do the second bath with Micro Tek Stop Itch or Premier AND Premier Conditioner mixed. The Conditioner cuts the suds so the final rinse is sooo much more efficient. THIS is a really beneficial water saver AND timesaver.
                        I groomed a Yorkie/Poo on Wed. I walk with him and his owner every night on the golf course. I love watching his coat move in the breeze. (His coat is very much like a soft coated Wheaton.
                        The dogs that I do on a 4 or 5 week schedule look beautiful before I groom them. Many of my newer customers notice that their dogs have never looked better for as long as the do after their grooms.
                        I am also happy that they smell so good. If a dog has allergies and is a no cologne dog they still are noseworthy.
                        I have to make a special effort not to overstate how wonderful I think Eqyss is for pets.

Comment

I saw a post on the John Paul stuff a while back (dont remember where, Groomers Lounge/BBS maybe) a couple groomers had tried it & general oppinion was it wasent anything special. basicly hes relying on the "Name Brand" to sell it. also I think its supposed to be pretty exspensive.. which is fine if it was really a fab product, but not for something thats just average.....

Originally posted by Animal Oasis View Post
                          On a similar note... Here in the UK John Paul Mitchel have just launched a pet line of shampoos, conditioner tooth and paw wipes. I understand this has already been available in the US for some time, yet I have never heard anyone mention it. Has anyone ever tried it? what are your thoughts about this range too?

Comment

Re John Paul Pet reply

Thanks Jennifer, thought as much, but its nice to have that all important second opinion.
                            I appreciate your response
                            Angie

Comment

I did show grooms on horses starting with b&b when I was five. EQyss is by far my favorite, and the only product I use on horses (aside from Cowboy Magic, which has an excellent detangler and waterproof shampoo). I've gotten everyone else in my salon going on EQyss because it's so wonderful. I love the avocado mist spray. It leaves my dogs soft without being greasy or attracting dirt. MicroTek is amazing. Granted, in my salon our shampoos are Tomlyn (adore the strawberrry milk shampoo), I've converted people over to EQyss to finish their dogs. I don't use leave-ins on poodles or bichons, so I really don't know how it would affect the scissoring.

Comment

Working...
                              X