Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone do the Furminator mini treatment? ( follow-up/tool only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone do the Furminator mini treatment? ( follow-up/tool only)

Does anyone do the mini treatment? (follow-up/tool only) On the Furminator reference cd I have, it mentions a mini treatment that you can also offer. Basically its a follow up treatment where you would use the tool only. Can anyone give me a ballpark amout for what the fee for this should be? After their initial Furminator treatment, what kind of time frame do you tell them to come back for the mini treatment?

I do offer it.... And I include the cost in the initial treatment--and tell the clients that. I charge by time on deshedding treatments.... $XX/ 15-minutes. I offer it to about HALF the deshed clients--those whose pets I had to stop working on because they were still dropping coat, but the skin was starting to get slightly pink (indicating irritation).... I usually tell them 7-10 days, but I have had only ONE client actually come back for the mini treatment.

I HAVE had a few try to slip back in 2-3 weeks later for the mini, but that's too late, and requires starting the whole process again.

Comment

I don't use the de-shedding shampoo...I use my shampoo and rebathe and force dry...then just use the tool. works the same to me...

Comment

Originally posted by hairdevil View Post
        I don't use the de-shedding shampoo...I use my shampoo and rebathe and force dry...then just use the tool. works the same to me...
        Same here. I bought the 16 ounce bottles of shampoo and conditioner and wasn't all that impressed. Not that it doesn't work.... but in my opinion, Groomers Edge Refurbish works just as good, if not better.

I use my furminator took quite a bit.... works great for getting burrs out. LOL!!

Comment

I really like BEST SHOT as a deshedding shampoo.

Comment

I use Stazko's Shampoo and Tropiclean Kava-Mat conditioner with FAR better results than with the "new" Furminator products.

I DID purchase the Tropiclean Oxy DeShed Shampoo and got the conditioner free at Groom Classic. I'd say it worked the same on Arthur as the above combination.

Comment

I use the Oxy DeShed Solution and it works great! It's good for the skin and coat too. taks a long time to rinse though...but it works!

Comment

We offer the follow up for every dog. It's free the first time, then $15. About two thirds of clients come back. We do them while they wait so they don't have to drop off. Some people do want to drop off, anyway. Sometimes we don't get much more hair off, sometimes we get a lot more off. Usually the ones that are shedding heavily will be still be shedding some for the follow up. We say 7-10 days.

Comment

Working...
                X