Pick-up and delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick-up and delivery

Does anyone offer pick-up and delivery? If so, how much do you charge?

We did, but it became a major problem. Unless the owner does it exclusively, your employees will be getting paid to and fro. My employees took the pick up and delivery charges as if they were tips (I inherited them along with the pick up and delivery service). So now you are either leaving the shop for an hour each time or paying someone an hours wage for a discounted grooming. I am sure there is an easy way to make it worth while, but man what a pain. I only pick up and deliver those who desperately need it now. The senior who does not drive and has a debilitating illness, the heart patient who does not have a car and almost collapsed in front of my salon etc. I do not charge these people anything extra because I don’t feel that for me its right. Oh yes most people who want pick up and delivery (with exception to those listed above) want their dogs back ASAP.

Comment

Thanks for the reply- what did you charge?

Comment

This was brought over from another shop, but it was 4.00 each way. Some were 4.00 flat per time. Worse some were 4.00 per month. I would charge an average mileage fee. I know you may be able to find this on a government per diem site. It used to be .62 ish per mile. I think that is fair.

Comment

oh typo its was -.065 per mile, but if you go of the per diem comnittee website nobody could argue because it takes into account current gas prices and wear and tear on vehicles.

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

Just a bit of info, if you're considering this service. Make sure you have proper insurance coverage, just in case. And check to see if you need a chauffeur's license. At least in some states, if you're carrying someone elses property, or if your employee is being paid to drive to and fro, a chauffeur's license is required.

Comment

I am mobile but i know a place in town that used to do it and they charged 10 bucks. They only would pick up in that town though. Nothing is more than 10-15 mins away.
                What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Working...
                X