Lav-N-Derm question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lav-N-Derm question

I'm getting ready to order some Nature's Specialties products (my distributor in Missouri is running a sale). I've never tried Lav-N-Derm and I'm tempted to order some. What are the pros and cons? Has anyone had any dogs that developed any adverse reactions to it? I appreciate your help.

I used it on my dogs as a sample bottle and wasn't impressed. Initially, I liked the smell right out of the bottle. However the next day the dog didn't smell very good and matting was increased over the next week. Just my experience.

Comment

When I started working at my current job, it was their basic shampoo. I can't stand it. I don't think it cleans any better than any other shampoo, I can't stand the smell, even right out of the bottle, to me it smells like the air freshener cakes they use in outhouses, so it reminds me of a latrine. I too noticed dogs matted up more quickly.

As far as dogs reacting badly too it; dogs can react badly to any shampoo. Even hypoallergenic shampoo. Most dogs will be fine with it, but there will always be the odd dog that reacts.

Comment

i use lav-n-derm and i really like it. it has a pleasent smell it helps any skin problems that you cant see. ive never had a problem with matting. and the dog are never itchy either

Comment

I absolutely love this shampoo but now my supplier doesn't return my calls to order more. I have sent two emails to the company with no response. I have found no conditioner/re-moisturizer that is as good as theirs. It is a nice shampoo that works well on all hair types. Of course, that varies in every shop depending on your water type.

Comment

I use Nature's Specialties, but I've never used the Lav N Derm.

I use NEEM and I use DERMA TREAT, both of which I like.

Good luck.

Tammy in Utah
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Wasn't thrilled with the results, and was kind of pricey. I like their aloe shampoo for dirty dogs, though.

Comment

Jersey

I've used Lav-N-Derm and like it alot. I've had alot of good fedback from cleints that say they like it too. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes.

Comment

I use lav-n-derm where I work now, and I avoid it at all costs, and so do all th bathers... why? it seems to make us itch! Sometimes, even working on a dog that was previously bathed with lav-n-derm makes me sneeze. I like most of nature's specialties products, especially the remo (although you have to rinse like crazy) and the hypo "aloe" genic, but not lav-n-derm. As far as dogs reacting to it, I haven't noticed that, but it makes me get a rash...

Sherry

Comment

I think Dermatreat is an awesome shampoo for ALL skin problems. When I moved to my new shop (just across town) I found I hated many of the shampoos I loved before! My previous everyday shampoo made all the dogs fuzzy and didn't clean as well! Now I'm finding my everyday light cream rinse works as well as some of the heavy duty conditioners if I use it a little stronger. Still searching for a new moisturizer and received a sample of Espree Luxury Remoisturizer today. Can't wait to try it. Bought a whole gallon of "Refurbish" last week and (pardon me) but this stuff stinks and does nothing! However, now I know : it's my water/my town! Guess that's why there are so many choices.

Comment

I also use natures specialties shampoos but have not tried the lavenenderm
                      I use the plum silky and the dermatreat and of course quicker slicker.. the berry puppy shampoo is also very good imo

Comment

Working...
                      X