Dermatech Exam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elizo View Post
    But their fees are so much higher than the other organizations and I hear about their disorganization a lot. Like I said, they teach great stuff, but I decided not to go the certification route with them because of cost and because of all the bureaucratic confusion.
    It's too bad that you let that dissuade you. Their fees might be higher (I actually haven't compared), but their education is comparable to NONE. Like Windy said the Super Coats module is incredible! It IS the information that every groomer should have had to start out. I have not had a single problem with testing. The members are so generous with their time and help. I can think of a dozen people, off the top of my head, that have given me their number and told me to call them anytime I had a question.

I wouldn't give up, you deserve the best education out there.
    "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Just my 2 cents on behalf of ISCC.
      I have personally worked with at least 5 groomers who were all Gung Ho about getting certified. ISCC assembled the test packets. Sent them to Proctor. And the groomers took 1, 2 maybe 3 tests. Then lost sight of their goal. The tests sit there with the proctor. And the Proctor waits for the groomer to call and make an appointment to take the next test. The call never comes.
      To me, it's a big waste of time and money to do that. On the part of the groomer who thinks they can do it. Or thinks they want to do it. The tests are proctored to insure that there is no cheating or anyone else being able to touch your test before it goes into the mail. It's sealed. I can only imagine the files that ISCC has that are from groomers that just put it on their list of things that are not that important any more.
      ISCC grades these tests. Just like the others. Time spent. In the meantime, they try to figure out who is serious. And that is figured out pretty quickly.
      So, as Spikey said, call them. And keep up your good work.

Comment

I sure wish money weren't an issue Keyray....but $125 just to join, and then $400 for the SuperCoats module puts it out of my reach right now. I would love to be able to study that material for sure....maybe some day when I am rich and famous!

Comment

elizo..you don't NEED the module. All of that info is in your ISCC book. And the new ISCC study guide has even more info on animal behavior. I am very excited about that. It's all there in the book. And the module will only help you with 2 tests. If you are having problems with the material, there are mentors. Don't be afraid of it. Just go for it. There isplenty of help out there, and on here.

Comment

It's true, Elizo, you don't need the SuperCoats module. It helps for the DermaTech portion but we could easily help you through that.

The tests are difficult, but with that knowlege comes confidence! I am CONFIDENT that I can't remember all of the material, lol, yet I look back and realize how far I have come. Like Betty Davis said about old age, "It ain't no place for sissies."

I think Pudel made a great point. THey know who is taking it seriously and who is not. They know me, they know my name, who I am, what I am like. I have put in the time and effort, and Pam and Chuck Lauritzen have both spent oodles of time with me on the phone. So far I've not had to do any waiting, maybe that is why? Not sure.

Anyway, information of any type is excellent, and I think you should go for it. I saved my tips to buy my packets and memberships and what not. I still save my tips and it pays for my shows. I don't spend my tips on lunches, snacks, ciggies, beer, etc...lol, it goes back into grooming.

Don't give up! It's better to aim for the stars and miss, than to aim for a pile of dog poo and make it!"

Tammy in Utah
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
            X