Quick Certification Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Certification Question

Does anyone know if the terriers have to be hand stripped for the ISCC? I was looking at the NDGAA and they only require Cairn Terriers to be hand stripped. My biggest issue would be finding a terrier with a coat that has not been shaved down! Ahhhhhhh...

ISCC terriers MUST be HS. NDGAA is changing their rules this year sometime (I was told) to include ONE HS terrier as well.
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

It's my personal opinion that if they don't require a hand stripped terrier, then they SHOULD.

I agree it is hard to find a terrier to HS sometimes, BUT---I have seen a good number of hairy little jack russells running around, and they are fairly easy to strip. I am hoping to do my certification testing on a hand stripped Parson Russell terrier. The owner got her from a great show breeder, and she's great to hand strip! I feel like fortune has fallen into my lap. I'm having trouble finding a sporting breed now.

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Yep they have to be hand stripped. I share your pain in finding one suitable. It's my very last test I have to do to get my certification and am finding it very frustrating in finding one suitable that I can use.

Comment

(

Its so frustrating, I never learned how to hand strip, but I have done a hand strip cocker (which in my opinion turned out nicely) Now they get her shaved, I was so sad...

Comment

Working...
          X