Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very important survey- so please give me your input!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A1Mobile
    replied
    Originally posted by LJRSnowcat View Post
    1.-A. For those of you who are a member of a grooming industry specific association, society, or group (not an inclusive animal interest group like IACP or ASPCA, etc.)- why did you decide to become a member in the first place? BE HONEST! Even if you tell me it is because you wanted a certificate for your wall, I want to know the truth behind your decision.
    I wanted to start my master certifying. I also wanted my clients to be reassured.
    B. Do you pledge your time and share in volunteer efforts? yes
    C. What do you feel you get from your membership? not much yet, my fault
    D. What would you like to see offered for you that you currently can not get access to?Closer organizational seminars. The closest I've seen so far is Chicago, not extreamly far but 7 hours away...I live in a major metropolis, I would like to see things sponsored here.
    2.-A. For those of you who were members of certain groups and didn't renew your memberships, what caused you to discontinue your pledge?
    3.-A. For those of you who do not want to be part of any organized group, could you share with me what helped you form your opinion or make your mind up that it is a poor fit for you? And what is your opinion on grooming groups? What- if any- social stereotypes have you heard of associated with groups at a local, state or national level?
    B. For those of you who are not members, would government talks of officially moving forward with administrative or legislative acts get you to join in efforts of being grandfathered in- in the case of mandated certification or licensing?
    1. I have joined twice. I feel that belonging to a legitiment organization in a service industry shows integrity. In my opinion this organization was just collecting dues.

2. I volunteer my time but nothing is set in stone.

3. I received nothing from my membership..other than the pathetic package they give you on receipt of your cash and a discounted fee for some seminars. The later you can get for free from some of our product suppliers if you ask.

4. I would like to see a good effort atleast at communication. Maybe updates on seminars, get togethers, meet and greets..ect. I would like information (tips and tricks) on testing to be certified. I would like to see an upgrade in products sold. I don't have a VCR for tapes and most people don't so why do "they" keep selling them??? How about Ipod downloads..at the least a dvd.

5. I would also like to know their politics. Are they going to fight against licensing or fight for it. Seems most groups "won't go there" when asked but really do have a strong focus and opinions.

I will not join ANY organization based on fear of testing or one that makes promises to protect me from these same rules and regulations they helped organize and pass into law. That being said, if the grooming industry decides to willingly add themselves to the list of government regulated business, I will be rouge.

Leave a comment:

• Max'sMom
    replied
    I'm a retired Association Manager....

so here is my opinion, but not in your survey format. Any organization has to have worthwhile member benefits. If you are going to fork out membership dues what do you get for them. This is my complaint with soooo many pet grooming organizations. Hotel discounts and car rental discounts are easy to give, but do the members really use them? I joined one organization when I first started seemed like a really great group. I paid a huge membership fee, got a really nice certificate of membership and nothing else. No newsletter, nothing. So needless to say I did not renew. Especially in this economy people want something for their money. Semianrs, small local contests, monthly get togethers, newsletters, insurance packages, marketing materials, useful website, these are all quality benefits. Hope my ranting helps.

Leave a comment:

• LJRSnowcat
    replied
    Best I could give.

1.-A. For those of you who are a member of a grooming industry specific association, society, or group (not an inclusive animal interest group like IACP or ASPCA, etc.)- why did you decide to become a member in the first place? BE HONEST! Even if you tell me it is because you wanted a certificate for your wall, I want to know the truth behind your decision.
    I wanted to start my master certifying. I also wanted my clients to be reassured.
    B. Do you pledge your time and share in volunteer efforts? yes
    C. What do you feel you get from your membership? not much yet, my fault
    D. What would you like to see offered for you that you currently can not get access to?Closer organizational seminars. The closest I've seen so far is Chicago, not extreamly far but 7 hours away...I live in a major metropolis, I would like to see things sponsored here.
    2.-A. For those of you who were members of certain groups and didn't renew your memberships, what caused you to discontinue your pledge?
    3.-A. For those of you who do not want to be part of any organized group, could you share with me what helped you form your opinion or make your mind up that it is a poor fit for you? And what is your opinion on grooming groups? What- if any- social stereotypes have you heard of associated with groups at a local, state or national level?
    B. For those of you who are not members, would government talks of officially moving forward with administrative or legislative acts get you to join in efforts of being grandfathered in- in the case of mandated certification or licensing?

Leave a comment:

• Very important survey- so please give me your input!!!

Alright, many of you know that I started WAPPS, Inc. a few years ago. It is a non-profit association for groomers with many membership benefits, and we have in state members as well as grown to have members from many other states such as FL, CO, MI, MN, IL, IA, GA, KY and a few others. So, that said- our roster is doing well for itself and our members are very proud to be with us and have good things to say. BUT, being on this forum I have a great opportunity to ask others their honest input and to share their feelings. So, while some in my position as an Officer to this Assoc. would never put themselves out there to public opinion, I think a lot of all of you on here, so here I go anyway!
    Here are my questions for you, now please take a minute to put some thought into your replies because this will help me with a lot of upcoming changes and ideas that I want to decide on:
    AND ONE MORE THING!!!
    **Absolutely, please, no nastiness or opinion throwing in one direction or the other at members who reply. And please no bashing of groups or assocs. that you are unhappy with- you don't even need to tell me which ones you belong to, for that matter unless you are proud to tell!
    I need all of your input and I do not want this thread to become a 2 partied face off. Please. Thank you!**
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    B. Do you pledge your time and share in volunteer efforts?
    C. What do you feel you get from your membership?
    D. What would you like to see offered for you that you currently can not get access to?
    Thank you again, very much for your thoughtful replies and input.
    Last edited by windywaycavaliers; 03-29-09, 09:59 PM.
Working...
X