Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Huge Thank you to WindyWayCavaliers and WAPPS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Huge Thank you to WindyWayCavaliers and WAPPS!!!!

I was a the WAPPS 2008 Groom fair yesterday, and all I could think about on the way home was "Thank you Windy for all that you do for this association!!" I was very impressed with how well you planned and put together this fair and it's competitions and seminars and demos. I loved Darby's cat seminar and can't wait to try some of her "fancier" cuts!! I've only been grooming cats a few years and was glad to hear I was doing things right for the most part. My assistant thought the Tool maintenance demo was pretty insightful , and said it was perfect for a beginner like her She really had no idea how much work goes inot maintaining our equipment. I'm so sorry I missed the cockapoo demo, but with the nasty storm we drove through to get home I'm glad we left when we did.

I had such a blast yesterday Windy and really want to Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you did to get this together. You really went all out and made it a spectacular show!!

Also I'd love to Thank Darby, Racheal, Linda, Melissa,and Sam and everyone there for making it such a fun time. (there are more names but I'm blurring...Not even finished my morning cup of coffee yet) Thank you every one for the memory of all the laughs, Demos, information swap , fun competition, and great get together fun!!!! Can't wait to see you all at the Aromatherapy and Massage Class
    Last edited by GriffonsMOM; 09-15-08, 06:30 AM. Reason: fingers too fast...had wrong year

Glad you had a good time. I could not go, had to go to a baptism. Next time for sure.
    What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Oh gosh yes, huge thanks to Chris. My eyeballs are really blurring this morning (got in at 1:30 ET). Very well put together fair. Loved the swap meet too, I missed out on some shiny stuff. I wish I still had a shop, because there was sahara’s, HV’s, cages, stand dryers etc for sale. Amazing, and just small enough to say something to everyone and have fun. Excellent groomers competing. Great place too!!!!!!!! Absolutely fun, and well worth a commute!!!!!! Can’t wait to meet even more people next year.

Comment

I also want to say a BIG HUGE thank you to Chris for everything she did to put this wonderful faire together for us. I learned so much over the course of the day. heck, i bought so much over the course of the day. I got a great deal on Scully's Wahl Stainless Combs. I had just popped a spring on my #1 and needed it for the competition. Thanks Rach. Talk about Karma. Chris had a great dryer for sale and I got some soft claws from her for those kitties we groom. I sold just enough stuff to pay for the new stuff i bought.
        Congrats to to Jessica, Melissa and Racheal on their wins with those cute dogs. I can't believe that Standard is a puppymill dog. He looked awesome!!!Oh Rach...we have to talk about going to some shows!!! Sam and some of the other people I met, which now their names escape me, we a lot of fun.
        Nadine, my assistant was so impressed she started asking when the next show was and if she could go. I love the enthusiasm.
        Now for the horror......
        We left about 7:30 and it was raining cats and dogs. Visibility was nil and I was in the country with winding roads and hills. I missed a turn for the expressway and was then detoured three times with flooded roads. I got home at 1:30 also. A 3 hour drive home turned into six. I was so tempted to pull over with two dogs and a upset kitty, but I needed to get home to take the kids to school in the morning. I made it home and fell in bed.
        I would do it again...thanks Chris
        Sniff the Paw

Comment

Now for the horror......
          We left about 7:30 and it was raining cats and dogs. Visibility was nil and I was in the country with winding roads and hills. I missed a turn for the expressway and was then detoured three times with flooded roads. I got home at 1:30 also. A 3 hour drive home turned into six. I was so tempted to pull over with two dogs and a upset kitty, but I needed to get home to take the kids to school in the morning. I made it home and fell in bed.
          I would do it again...thanks Chris[/QUOTE]

Crazy!! Scary, at least mine was just straight drive time. Such a fun event!!!! Glad you needed the combs. I try to keep just what I need and spread the equipment, so I am glad the combs came in handy. Poor kitty, he had a day of it. Great classes, excellent company. Thanks all for a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I am so sorry that it took me this long to get here! I did a really dumb thing and scheduled a full day of work at the salon for myself- and I still haven't even unpacked my two cars full of stuff!! I really appreciate your thanks, I am happy to read that everyone who posts on here got home safety- some took the long way- but at least you all got home, and with a new knowledge of our magestic WI country backroads, ha! - I hope to do it again next year- maybe a little bigger, with a little better organization (no more missed classes!)and definitely in more nicer weather!
            You gals were all just the greatest! I watched people be helpful and so friendly and down to earth all day- well- I ran around all day, too- but every time I stopped to take everything in- everyone was laughing and talking and well- doing what I had so hoped everyone would get to do- enjoy themselves.
            Thank you for helping set up Mary's (of Neu N Sharp)tables and sharpening equipment- I hope that she knows how grateful I am that she came and gave her session. And thank you to those who traveled so far (some 3 to 6 1/2 hours) for our modest Fair- I am sure that your friendships made and received are worth it- I know that mine are.
            And also- again- a HUGE thank you to Chris Chris, Les Poochs, ShowSeason, IOD, Lisa Leady & Kenchii Shears, the NDGAA, IPG and ISCC Organizations for all of your support and contributions to our stylists and our entire industry. And thank you so much to Sam, Connie and Steve- the Pet Resort owners and staff for your hard work and supportive help.
            I had so much fun- I hope this upcoming year brings us together again at all of the seminars and meets that I have planned, always adding new faces and learning from each other.
            And yes- how could I forget- BIG congratulations to our competition winners- what troopers they were, and what great talent and skill- and most of all- what excellent examples or good sportsmanship and professionalism.
            Beginner's Styling Class:
            FIRST PLACE- Jessica Luster- Westie
            SECOND PLACE- Melissa Schmitz- Westie
            THIRD PLACE- Lis Koopmann- Cockapoo Mix
            Advanced Styling Class:
            FIRST PLACE- Rachel Peterson- Standard Poodle
            SECOND PLACE- Darby Ryan- Kerry Blue Terrier
            Best of Winners: (awarded to the stylist with the best handling of and interaction with their dog)- Darby Ryan
            Attached Files
            Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
            www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Working...
            X