Some pics of my Seasonal displays 2009,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pics of my Seasonal displays 2009,

(and my autistic kitty, Dreamy Baboo, who likes to sit in them. ????)

I scaled back my outdoor display this year because the one from last year was up until tulips were popping though it, and that....is just wrong. Huskies + sled+ tulips and daffodils. Looked stoopit for many weeks in April/May.

This year I got a 12 foot pine tree (weighed like 500 pounds!), and several little piney treelets, and made the whole scene a big ole wildlife feeding station.

The huge pine will act as shelter for the feasting tweety birds when Mr. Cooper's Hawk uses the wildlife feeding station as a fast food fly-thru.

Because I am very snoopy...I would like to see pics of your decorations too.

I imagine Parti has red/green ribbons on 74 Roses...but anybody else?
    Attached Files
    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

I actually have yet to get the ribbons ON the roses but I do have htem made......cannot WAIT to see your pictures once they are approved. The bulk of my decorations are pictured on my blog. LOVE my tree but it changes every day when clients take their gifts.
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Well its good to see someone in the christmas spirit! I particularly liked the stacked sibes! Really cute.
      I just put all my stuff out will have to take some pics but not near as creative as you. I collect the sining gogs, so every year people give my singing, barking, or dancing, jumping stuffed dogs! Then again maybe no pics as you know I am computer disabled.....

Comment

Hey ccrazy...I wondered what a "sining gog" was, but then figured it is something unique to Florida. We don't have those here in MD.

Just photobucket your pics...that worked last time!

Comment

Debi, I just went to your blog and LOVE your "Christmas Corner" with the tree. Your bows and collar decos are very fancy...love the white Std. Poo!

Maybe some year I can do a tree like that, but right now I have too many Doodles in too small a "salon". There'd be stuff flyin everywhere. Dang Doodle-Noodle-Heads.

Comment

I love the pyramid of sibes! How did you get that big tree to stay in a vertical position?

Comment

It does help to have a small dog clientele as well as a BIG entryway! I pu shed my cage bank back 3 feet into my "dead space" behind it and moved the counter back 3 feet as well. OTHERWISE we would be all over the tree everytime anyone came in.

If it would stop raining for 20 minutes the roses would be deadheaded and decorated, but alas that does not seem possible.....

PLEASE ya'll keep your fingers crossed for dry, warm weather this weekend as my grandkids are coming to visit and we plan to go to the Atlanta ZOO! Cannot do it in the rain......

Bernie, I love the idea of decorating the tops of holding cages! I usually end up putting more of my varikennels on top of my cage bank....never occured to me to use it as a santa platform! YOU ROCK!
              <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BeeJL View Post
                I love the pyramid of sibes! How did you get that big tree to stay in a vertical position?
                Well, for starters...called on a "disposable" friend, because I knew whomever helped me would not want to remain my friend after getting that behemoth up.

Dug a big hole in the ground and sunk a 5 gallon bucket into it.
                Cut off about 2.5 feet of branches at the bottom of the trunk, and maneuvered it into the bucket and wedged it w/ rocks. In extremely high wind.
                Wired it from above in 3 different places w/ anchors driven into the ground.
                Put about 400 lights on it.
                Said goodbye forever to my cussing, swearing, muttering "friend".

See why my stuff stays up until Spring?
                Now gotta make another "disposable" friend to help get it down in April....unless it grows roots...but not optimistic about that.

Comment

Oh my that's quite the display I don't have the energy for all of that but it looks very nice.

Comment

That is so nice! The pyrimid of Sibes looks so cute.

Comment

AWW,you guys make me look like a lamo! I love yours. All I got is the ususal light strings at home,some xmas penguins that talk and jingle. AND hundreds of bandanas,and bows of every description. This is the last night I'm doing them,they take over my life somehow. In the middle of this bandana OCD I am trying to remodel a new garage salon,finish the kitchen renos,and do the xmas rush,and figure out how to fit everything from the big shop into the little. And Xmas shop. Somebody kill me please.
                      "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                      Quote:Cath

Comment

Originally posted by Poodleluv View Post
                        Somebody kill me please.
                        Why? Sounds like you are doing a perfectly fine job of that...all on your own!
                        Happy Holidays Pooluv!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post
                          Why? Sounds like you are doing a perfectly fine job of that...all on your own!
                          Happy Holidays Pooluv!!!!
                          You come and do it for me,I don't wanna go to the hot place LOL
                          "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                          Quote:Cath

Comment

Working...
                          X