My Basement Shop - Walk out basement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Ahhh. Photo booth. Good idea! Do you know what the original purpose of that ‘room’ was? Intriguing.
      Glad you had an electrician out. Depending on your equipment, this profession can sure pull a lot of amps. I have a 200 amp service, but the stand dryer and the hanvey drier cannot be run at the same time without popping a breaker. K9II shares a breaker with the laundry as that one is heavy duty. Y’know-the ‘fun’ part of setting up shop.
      I have a half wall and a gate separating the grooming and reception areas, but as I am one at a time straight through, I also keep my door locked. No surprises, no escapees.

Comment

Originally posted by poodlefeet View Post
        Ahhh. Photo booth. Good idea! Do you know what the original purpose of that ‘room’ was? Intriguing.
        Glad you had an electrician out. Depending on your equipment, this profession can sure pull a lot of amps. I have a 200 amp service, but the stand dryer and the hanvey drier cannot be run at the same time without popping a breaker. K9II shares a breaker with the laundry as that one is heavy duty. Y’know-the ‘fun’ part of setting up shop.
        I have a half wall and a gate separating the grooming and reception areas, but as I am one at a time straight through, I also keep my door locked. No surprises, no escapees.
        My house was the "carriage house" to the Spanish colonial mansion on the hill LOL I live in a fancy barn. That "photography" area below has its own well, so I suspect a well house for the horses? It would still work if I bought a pump for it. Feed by an underground spring. There are some weird mysteries around my house. We have a mysterious hole under the house, hidden, that a city workman causally mentioned might connect the underground slave tunnel. It fills with water during heavy rain and sometimes old bottles pop up out of nowhere. I wish it was gold or gems Gotta love livin in the south... Oh and the hole, no camera has been able to fully see what is actually down there. Fun or terror?

Its smart of you to heavily consider the layout..Im in the midst of that myself. its pretty open right now, but I plan to separate areas like you mentioned for maximum safety. I will groom straight through also.

Comment

Homes are interesting. Especially the ones with history. My brother’s house was built at the height of the red scare. It has a bomb shelter. Awesome thing for his grandkids to play in when they get old enough. It’s vented etc everything. About 15 feet down the earth.

Comment

Looks great! I love how thoughtful you are.
            My advice, for what it's worth, is to focus on "do no harm." Why? The ONE thing that can cause nightmares, feelings of huge guilt,and DESTROY a business is to inadvertantly harm a dog.Every other problem will be forgiven by owners. Ugly haircuts, slow grooming, none matter compated to serious injuries.
            I am not talking about little nicks on the skin, but burns, broken bones or death.
            Never walk away from a dog on the table or in the tub. That is a rule of biblical importance. Please continue to set up your business so that if you answer a phone call or a client wanders in, you can stay at the table or pop the dog into a nearby cage. In my opinion, number one priority. Good luck!

Comment

that's good progress. Our water is just a little hard but not enough to warrant installing a softener. On some soft coats we prepare a gallon of rinse water with a little water conditioner for a final rinse.

Comment

We have photo both at all of our businesses.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
                  My advice, for what it's worth, is to focus on "do no harm." Why? The ONE thing that can cause nightmares, feelings of huge guilt,and DESTROY a business is to inadvertantly harm a dog.Every other problem will be forgiven by owners. Ugly haircuts, slow grooming, none matter compated to serious injuries.
                  I am not talking about little nicks on the skin, but burns, broken bones or death.
                  Never walk away from a dog on the table or in the tub. That is a rule of biblical importance. Please continue to set up your business so that if you answer a phone call or a client wanders in, you can stay at the table or pop the dog into a nearby cage. In my opinion, number one priority. Good luck!
                  And the cat groomer manages to hone in on the number one most important thing for us all. Well said, Emma.

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt99 View Post
                      Homes are interesting. Especially the ones with history. My brother’s house was built at the height of the red scare. It has a bomb shelter. Awesome thing for his grandkids to play in when they get old enough. It’s vented etc everything. About 15 feet down the earth.
                      There are still people building those quietly.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
                        Well said Emma...the main things that matter. Safety first.

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine Canine View Post

Well said Emma...the main things that matter. Safety first.
                          THIS! It’s the same in nursing. I’ve always taught newer nurses the potentials and how to prevent them. How NOT to injure a patient or an animal. Proceed with caution in regards to this at all times. Everything else will fall into place.

Comment

Working...
                          X