Who says.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who says.....

You can't give Cavaliers haircuts? Here are my two babies, and maybe it is just me but I think they look a lot cuter like this than as the hairy monsters of those who adhere to the breed standard regarding coat........
    Attached Files

The pics haven't been approved yet, so I can't comment on them. I thought I would say though that I LOVE cavaliers shaved. Actually I think all of the ones that I do get haircuts, and they look so cute. I like it much better than the breed standard.
    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I am going to be giving my borzoi a haircut soon. He is retired from the conformation ring after aquiring his champoinship and will be entering the rally ring next month. As soon as he earns his rally title, he will be getting a short haircut. I am tired of all the shedding everywhere. lol
      Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

Cute!

Kind of hard to see at the angles they are at, but they do look cute! I have never seen a real Cavalier, let alone groom one, so I don't have anything to add. :-) What blade # did you use?
        Jacob

Comment

They look very nice. The front one is really proud of his/her new do, wants everyone to see him/her and don't worry about the one behind.
          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
          Diane

Comment

Fur, I am so glad to see your pictures!!! Here's why, a few weeks ago I shaved a cavalier, regular customer for years, but this time (1st time) the mom says "go very short". I thought she looked cute, only mistake was shaving the ears -- made the head look too small, but I like short ears on shihtzus so I thought I'd try it since I'd been given the 'go ahead'. Anyway, dad picks up and is in a state of shock, guess mom hadn't mentioned the 'new plan' to him.....he was not happy. Since I was following instructions and was working with established clients I wasn't too concerned about his displeasure. I think the short cut looks adorable and very clean.

Comment

I like them shaved too. Your babies are very cute. The two that I groom get shaved as well. One guy gets everything shaved including the ears. The other one is done like you do yours.

Scoop-

Comment

I use a 3 and 3/4 reverse with the CV on the blenheim (red/white) one and shave his ears. He has a terrible coat otherwise...looks like you know what. I can't tell you how MANY times people see him and say "OH MY GOSH THAT IS THE CUTEST DOG I HAVE EVER SEEN". I can hardly stand the sight of these hairy beasties in the pet population who are in their natural coats...of course, they are usually dirty and matted because all the books say they don't need professional grooming.....

The tricolor is sporting a 3/4 wahl comb with the CV. She has nice ears so I don't mess with them. I always think how funny it is how horrified some people get about the thought of shaving a cavalier...it is NOT the breed standard! Well, shaving Shihs is not the breed standard either........Some cavvy owners can be so snooty!

Comment

I loooove Cavvies, both their looks and attitudes!!! Has anyone ever known one w/a "Spaniel" attitude??? I only trim a couple, but I also like to go fairly short on the body and give them "puppy ears". Which is where I use a long skip tooth lightly on the ears then trim to the leather. Looks like a puppy ear....thus the name...lol
                  SheilaB from SC

Comment

I groom 5 Cavaliers and they ALL get haircuts! I had never seen that until I opened my shop...where I went to school the owners were kind of snotty and would never think to shave a Cavalier. They wouldn't let us touch them with clippers or scissors. The ones I groom now look cute this way, except one who is extremely bow-legged. I always just trim their ears and tails slightly so they still look like Cavs. I used to spend forever brushing and dematting them. So I'm much happier now that the owners want them short!

Comment

Working...
                    X