My Standard Pixel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Standard Pixel

I am so proud of the way this boy has turned out! I think he is so handsome!!
    Attached Files

I would like to compare your groom to Michaelangelo's David.
    Or perhaps one of the Seven Wonders of the World.

Just breathtaking. What a gorgeous poodle!

Kind of makes me want to cry because I don't think I'll ever be able to groom like that.
    But it sure gives me something to aspire to.

You're awsome.
    www.gomobileandsucceed.com
    http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Very beautiful!!!

What talent!!

Please share!

How long u been groomin'?
      How long have you been competing?
      What level of competion are you at?
      What shears do you like?

Will you be in Cape C. FL in Oct?

You can do it wetnose! You gotta want it!
      Erica

Comment

Thanks wet noze...I really love the way this boy carries himself. I wasn't always so good, I started getting help and critiques from the pros and viola, we have a poodle! I can't groom other breeds nearly as good, I just really love a nice looking standard!

Comment

He's stunning -- just wondering, is he your own dog? He must just stop traffic when you take him for a walk.

Comment

Thanks everyone...

Eli, I have been grooming for 1 year

Just kidding, wanted your eyeballs to pop out of your head No really, I have been grooming for <gulp> 15 years, have competed on and off for about 11 years, but started heavily competing last fall, I am in Open division,
            I am up in the air on Scissors...I just got some Kenchiis that I like so far. I am always looking for new scissors to try! I should be at the Florida show if all goes as planned. I might bring this boy with, I don't know. There are a lot of shows around that time, so I am trying to decide who to take to what show...I think I answered all the questions!

CC, yes he is mine, I am a proud mama!!! He is quite a show stopper. The way he is standing is how he walks around too! Always his head held high and very prancy!

Comment

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!! Nothing more to say.
              "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
              Diane

Comment

Your poodle is an example of "The Fine Art of Grooming".

I can't stop looking at him!
                www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Winterroo
                  My eyes did pop out of my head. I was like you do that good with 1 year practice. I was thinking I better fold while I am ahead. He is beautiful I would love to meet you and let you show me how you do that. I am so jealous.

Comment

Haaaaa You did - You got me!!!

I even re read the sentence to make sure I saw it right!!!

Then the truth comes out!!

Thanks!!
                    Erica

Comment

I love it!

Comment

Winteroo 2 more questions please please

Can I get your phone number?

he he just kidding!!

What is this clip called?

And how do you dry his coat?

Thanks again ever so much!!
                        Erica

Comment

Thanks all! Heh heh heh!!!

Eli, this clip is called a German Trim. I use an HV on him. When he is about 99% dry, I start brushing his hair upwards. Have to have a dryer like a k9 or something else that produces some heat, or he doesn't straighten out-found that out the hard way at Intergroom! Sometimes if available I will use a stand dryer to brush him up, but only for competition. At home he is just a regular doggie!

I look forward to meeting you all someday at a show!

Comment

YOO HOO! Thanks Winterroo!!

I just adopted a grey or black? Standard. He is such a goof ball! He bounces rather than walks! I have a 3' gate seperating my shop area from the rest of the house & he went missing.- He had just popped right over the gate!!

Anyhow he has prev. been done in a 5 AO, ears, topknot, etc... so I just love the idea of doing him in this trim, altho I'm not sure it fits his personality. Maybe I should look into a clown cut....

Thanks again!!
                            Erica

Comment

Originally posted by dogsr4luv View Post
                              Winterroo
                              My eyes did pop out of my head. I was like you do that good with 1 year practice. I was thinking I better fold while I am ahead.
                              Mine too. I almost went to her profile to check it out and then I finished reading rest of her post and felt much better. I've been grooming for almost that long and still can't do that kind of scissor work.
                              "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                              Diane

Comment

Working...
                              X