WOO-HOO! That "mess" of my dog, Luna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOO-HOO! That "mess" of my dog, Luna

won Breed at the Va. Beach Show today. (Co-owner just called)

Would not typically be such a major accomplishment...but there have been many times over the past 2.5 years where I seriously wondered if that girl would survive to see adulthood...much less, be lead trained well enough to walk around a show ring and not consume the Judge's fingers in her never-ending shark quest for snacks.

Thanks to everyone for your behavioural tips over the past 2 years. This one's for YOU!

Attached is one of the less than endearing pics dug from the archives of "Bad Luna, a dog".
    The day it took me 3.5 hours to hand dig her out from under the deck and broke my waterline in the process.
    Attached Files
    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Hey I think i remember that! And wasn't she the one who kept getting up on top of the dog house and needing help getting down or something? Congrats on the weekend win!
    Bee

Comment

Congratulations!
      "The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is in fact the most precious and valuable possession of mankind"-Theodorus Gaza

Comment

Congrats! Sounds like she should be named Luna-tic

Comment

Originally posted by BeeJL View Post
          Hey I think i remember that! And wasn't she the one who kept getting up on top of the dog house and needing help getting down or something? Congrats on the weekend win!
          Bee
          Yes....sort of. 12 feet up on kennel runs lid, 10 feet up on roof of garden shed, vertical leaps of ~6 feet to get to top of calf hut to access 10 and 12 foot heights...yikes, this dog!

Comment

congrates to you and your luna-tic!

Comment

Congrats! All that energy was eventually put to good use!
              "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
              Quote:Cath

Comment

Well Congrats to you and the co-owner. Maybe Luna has finally matured and over her devilish ways.

I hear there is another star in the making named Lyric...the entertainment will start very soon I'm sure.

Comment

Congrtas! glad you let her live!
                  ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

LOL @ Odette! Congrats, 4.
                    "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                    People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Congratulations! It was probably all those bulging digging-and-climbing muscles that caught the judge's eye anyway.

Comment

What? I thought all those posts about naming her where new? I thought she came from this last litter, or am I off on my Luna's
                        If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

Originally posted by stewiedog View Post
                          What? I thought all those posts about naming her where new? I thought she came from this last litter, or am I off on my Luna's
                          The new pupper is "Lyric". I'm starting this one off w/ THE BEST of intentions...unlike Luna.

"Luna" (the 3 YO) grew up with no rules to distract her from having fun for the first 2 years of her life. She took complete advantage of that "new method" on numerous occasions...so now poor puppy "Lyric" has to pay the price.

Lyric has already been to her first puppy class last week, and we were asked to "stay after school" for a little "chat" w/ the teacher.
                          I pretended she was my first dog ever. I find the instructors go alot easier on you that way.

Comment

That's really exciting! Keep up the good work.

Comment

Woo Hoo Congratulations!
                              "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

Comment

Working...
                              X