Boykin Spaniel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boykin Spaniel

Let me know what you think. This breed was not in my Notes book so I looked it up online and went from there, I did it similar to a Field Spaniel. I am grooming her again this week. Would you change anything?
    Attached Files
    What does a dog do on it's day off?

Spaniel

Originally posted by luvpups View Post
    Let me know what you think. This breed was not in my Notes book so I looked it up online and went from there, I did it similar to a Field Spaniel. I am grooming her again this week. Would you change anything?
    I wouldn't change a thing...the dog looks beautiful. I would imagine the owner's were happy?

Comment

Sure looked raggedy

If the customer was pleased, and I'm sure they were, then that's the trim for her. She looked great. I would have loved to have just carded/Mars Coat Kinged her till smooth but still hairy, but often the customer likes them clipped. She looks very nice in the after picture, well groomed and tidy. Funny they have that breed in one of the current magazines, either AKC Gazette or Dog World, I forget which.
      Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Very Nice

I think the dog looks smooth, professionally groomed. great job. I had one a LONG TIME AGO, I don't remember if I trimmed it or not. I do recall the dog was very nice dog.

Comment

I'm not familiar with the breed, but your work looks wonderful. I'd just ask the owner if she wants anything different this time. Good for you for looking up an unusual breed to make sure you did the right trim. I admire that.

Comment

Like C.C. I'm not familiar with the breed either. To me, someone who doesn't know anything about this breed, she looks just great!
            Nice job.
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

I'm not familiar with the breed either, but from what I see it looks good to me! Nice and neat!
              Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I'm kind of late posting....But I think he looks great too. I am not familiar with this breed either, but do clip a field spaniel. I was just at a NDGAA workshop and they demonstrated a field spaniel there and clipped the ears like a cocker - she was gorgeous. Just a thought...If the owners were happy though, then I wouldn't change a thing.

Comment

Thanks all. The owner likes how I do it so I won't change a thing.
                  What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Wonderful

you do a nice job. i have seen your other pictures. keep up the good work. Nice job on the unusual dog!

Comment

Working...
                    X