website pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website pictures

I'm trying to get together a set of pictures so my website can be finished off. I would appreciate any feedback as to wether there are some that I shouldn't put on the site....There are several categories...Before and After, Happy Customers and Bath Time.

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z270/furrybestjob/
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

I ordered awebsite custom today

I think before and afters...the more matted before the better. Then I have a pic of Pauline, an elderly lady w/ cerebral palsey sitting in her wheel chair w/ her beloved Mai Tai. It is obvious in the pic she lives in an assisted living place. Mobile is accessible to such places, and Pauline never had to be separated from Mai Tai for long.Very sweet lady. Her sis started taking him to a shop due to finances. I would have even groomed him at a lower fee, but she is the boss of Pauline. I don't know if I should include the funny ones I had here of Pi and Candy and the straw hat w/ yellow braids, or Halle and her little straw hat. I can't find my great letters of recommendation or my CAH certificate to include and I will ad newspaper articles about my business. 3 pages. I wonder if people read all that stuff.

Comment

That's nice, I love looking at everyone's pics. My favorite one was Andy the maltese, he's a cutie. All the afters were very pretty!

Comment

I think they are all great. The more pictures the better. Hey that one of Katie the Doxie, do you happen to have a full body picture? If so could you post it her face is adorable, I want to do that same look on one I do.

Scoop

Comment

GREAT pics furry! I like them all. Maybe a variety would be nice. Before & Afters are always the most dramatic, but adding a bit of a variety also lets everyone know you're very happy to do bath only dogs as well. And it shows the dogs are happy too!

Comment

WOW. No wonder your business is so successful. You do great grooms! Very nice.

If I were to choose any photos NOT to put on the site, it would be a hard call on the photo called "Duncan" (before I enlarged the photo, he looked like a wheaton), not sure of his breed.

ONLY because of his beard stains and hair over the eyes---and ONLY because the clients don't "get" that sometimes there ain't nuttin' you can do about some of these things. I use thinning shears on the beards, but sometimes it would bald out the beard if you did it, so...

Anyway, I think he looks gorgeous but the clients might notice that, but even if you did put it in, I don't think it's such a big deal.

Tammy in Utah
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I'm glad you pointed about Duncan. He's a labradoodle and they don't let me do ANY cutting...he's just a bath and a brush. I didn't think about the staining, but you're right customers might wonder why this "Finished" dog has brown around its mouth right after a bath. There is a second page that has a number of bath and brush dogs...should I add more? I also wanted to be very careful about which before and afters I use. I really don't want to do pictures of really matted dogs because I don't want the owners to be embarassed by the condition of the before dogs. I have a problem where I take the before pictures and then totally forget to take an after, lol.
              don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

I know what you mean about before & afters. I think the ones on in your photo bucket are very appropriate though. I've had some clients ask me not to take pictures at all. So good thinking there. I like the bath dog pictures - the one of the lab ?maybe? that's snuggled up in a towel is really cute. I didn't really have alot more to add, just wanted to say - hey I think we get our bandanas from the same person (the ones with the surged edge).

Comment

Very nice furry. I especially love all of the pictures with the dogs ears sticking straight out! lol
                  Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Great pics. Couldn't think of leaving any of them out.

My fav has to be the puppies in the basket, they are just adorable.
                    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                    Diane

Comment

Milhasavilla, I'm just curious...why would a client ask you not to take pictures?

Comment

Furry,

Really nice grooms!

Your van looks great too. Nice and clean.

You have a wide assortment of dogs as well which is a good thing.

All the pictures make an excellent impression.
                        www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                        http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Originally posted by c.c. View Post
                          Milhasavilla, I'm just curious...why would a client ask you not to take pictures?
                          Well several different reasons. I've groomed a couple where I had to take pics, but was asked not to share them. Had to take pics cuz it was required by the humane society and asked not to share cuz they were horrendous and the owners embarrassed. The majority of my pics are before & afters that I show in an album in the lobby - some will say you can put the after pic in, but not the before. I always ask before I take pics. I suppose if I wouldn't ask, no one would say much. It's suprising the response you may get if you ask though - it may seem like a harmless pic to most of us. Curiosity satisfied?

Comment

Originally posted by milhasavilla View Post
                            Well several different reasons. I've groomed a couple where I had to take pics, but was asked not to share them. Had to take pics cuz it was required by the humane society and asked not to share cuz they were horrendous and the owners embarrassed.
                            Gee, did you happen to ask them why they'd be embarrassed? I mean, after all, if it's ok to leave a dog in that condition, then why not share photos of the beautiful creature? (Sarcasm).

That's just sad.

Tammy in Utah
                            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
                            X