Yorki number 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yorki number 2

This is Digger. Nice dog. First Yorki I have loved.
    No mats, no bites, sat still. Very sweet boy.
    His sister is coming tomorrow and they say she is
    the devil.
    Still not totally satisfied the way my yorkies turn out.
    The clients like them fine,(40.00 tip!) but I still say they look scraggly.
    I trim and trim and I just have to stop or it will go on forever.
    His ears never stood and they like them long.

I work alone and comment are helpful to me.
    Attached Files

With what I could see I think he looks just fine.

Maybe if you could get a full view of him we could help out a little more. I just can't see anything wrong with him in the pic you have posted.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Comment

I think he is adorable. Sometime's less is more. Our Scoop's ears don't stand either and we keep them long, I personally like the look. Yorkies can be difficult their coats vary SOOO much. I really think Digger is very nicely done.

Scoop

Comment

When I get those Yorkies with the fine, whispy hair that no matter what you do they look scraggly, I use corn starch. Work it in, blow it out with the HV. There isn't enough left to change the dog's color, but it seems to beef up the coat a little, and they don't look so scruffy.

But this little dog's face looks great. Can't comment on the rest of him, 'cause I can't see it.

Comment

Droopy Vs. Perky??

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
          I think he is adorable. Sometime's less is more. Our Scoop's ears don't stand either and we keep them long, I personally like the look. Yorkies can be difficult their coats vary SOOO much. I really think Digger is very nicely done.

Scoop
          I get tons of these lil guys in...Most have the droopy ears. Is it the proper thing to leave a droopy ear long? Some clients have preferences, others say just do whatever looks cute. But I'm curious if there's a different rule for the droopy ear versus the perky ones? What do you all think?

BTW - Digger does look GREAT to me! Very nice grooming redbird.

Comment

Cute! I have two yorkies that I do that look EXACTY like that! I always have trouble with the ears though because I trim then one is longer than I trim the other. I nit pick till there is nothing left! lol I think that you did a great job, ESPECIALLY knowing how difficult those ears can be!
            Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Working...
            X