Wirehaired Doxie's First Groom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wirehaired Doxie's First Groom

I think the owner said this dog was 4 years old? Either way he was full grown and never groomed before! He did surprisingly well, and I was happy with the end result.

I used a 0 comb Rev on the body, 1 comb rev on the fronts of the legs, 2 comb rev on the head, 15 on the ears. The eyebrows had been trimmed by mom/dad so they were kind of short, but otherwise I think he came out pretty decent.

Before:
    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...e/DSCN0833.jpg

After:
    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...e/DSCN0840.jpg
    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...e/DSCN0841.jpg

Wow, he came out real nice, good job!

Comment

Very cute!!! Great job!!

Comment

Maggy, He came out great!

Excellent job. His fur looks like it grew that way naturally and was never longer or trimmed. Very natural look. I doubt I could have done it that well. With the combs, I can never see the numbers on the plastic ones. Need a magnifying glass, and wahl just broke a bunch of teeth on a new Andis #30. If it isn'rt snapped down tight, it will break em (teeth) right off. Too bad about Wahl, cuz I like the combs otherwise. I doesn't seem to break teeth w/ ol plastic combs. I think the tooth fairy steels the teeth from my #40 blades when I'm not looking. Opened a new #40 today....lets seee how long that lasts.

Comment

CUTE

VERY nice Maggy! LOVE it!!

Comment

Thanks guys!

I had just 3 dogs today, 1st finished by 10, 2nd was this one, 3rd was a shih tzu getting the eyes clipped while out for Sx. Well, I was unsure of when they would get the shih out so I took my time playing with the combs. I think doing it in reverse helped a lot, it never would have come out that evenly using a 4 or #2 comb w/g! I also furminated lightly to maintain the color/texture for next time. I hope they like it enough to bring him back, obviously he's gone THIS long without being groomed, they could easily wait another 4 years. lol

Comment

Wow, looks very good.......

Comment

He looks great, so natural looking.

He looks like he would much rather be anywhere else than on your grooming table! lol
                "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                Diane

Comment

Pixie, thats true! He was very good but would NOT wag his tail or even lift his head for me. He was like a pouting child the whole time. lol But he did good for his first time!

I sent my dad a bunch of pics and these happened to be in the folder so I asked what he thought of my groom. (Pause) "Um the before and after pics look just the same?" So I gasped and told him that is NOT something you tell a groomer about before and after pics! Then he looked again and the before pics were above some other ones, he was looking at all after pics. lol

Comment

Working...
                  X