Standard Poodle in a mod German trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard Poodle in a mod German trim

Here is a little video of photos that I made of the WAPPS meet on Sunday. The stylist in the red smock is me, and I did the dog for a member who is recovering from a surgery, needs to keep her dog up, but is going to be competing so she needed him kept full. He was a patient and wonderful dude!!
    PLEASE feel free to critique my grooming! Remember that he was to be left more full all around, his bevels are also lower and straighter to allow for needed length for competing in case of breakage, and I swear his tuck up was farther forward than the shadow shows it in the photos!
    If the photos are fuzzy and anyone wants some larger or clearer ones to view, let me know!
    Also- a tip for maybe taking a little time off your work as you go. I have found that a snug hair tie (like the black one that you see around my right arm), will hold your Poodle comb nice and at the ready each time you need it instead of laying it down and having to locate it and pick it up every few seconds! Works just wonderful if the band is the right snugness (you'll know when it isn't as either the comb will fall out or your arm will go to sleep!LOL!)
    ~The day was so great,,,very long,,but as always- very fun. I loved seeing everyone and I can't wait to do it again!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbuqzbdd8KI
    Last edited by windywaycavaliers; 04-27-10, 06:29 AM.
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

I think

you did a beautiful job I know that after 21 yrs of grooming my scissor skills have fallen off , most wonderful job!!!!!!

Comment

I have great admiration for your talent. I also feel like my skills have fallen off after so many years away from the show ring.

Beautiful brown poodle!

Comment

Amen, sisters and brothers! Beautiful job, wish I had half your skills. I keep on trying but without mentor programs even for us old farts its difficult!
        Yes, the CD's you can buy from the "greats" are helpful, still nothing like hands on help!
        Great job Windy.

Comment

Wow! What a beautiful dog.
          Wow! What a beautiful groom.
          Wow! When did you go redhead?
          LOL @ :25 &:26!
          "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
          People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Super cool!!!! If you want to do this again soon I have two who need it (LOL-I'm super lazy). P.S. you look fabulous!!

Comment

German trim

I just bought a bus ticket for Nicky to come and visit you.......beautiful job!

sittingpretty

Comment

my little mini just bought a ticket as well. lol.... awesome job. oh and the music I love it. it went well with the sleepy poo.

Comment

Originally posted by greyhoundlover View Post
                  my little mini just bought a ticket as well. lol.... awesome job. oh and the music I love it. it went well with the sleepy poo.
                  How about that sleepy Shih Tzu?
                  "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                  People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

What a beautiful Poodle! The groom was wonderful too. I am always struggling with the angles on my poodle. My scissoring is ok, but those angles just drive me crazy. Wonderful job. Great pictures.

Comment

Thank you all so much! What I really need is to break down & just get my OWN Poodle!
                      Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                      www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Working...
                      X