Charlie the mini schnauzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie the mini schnauzer

Charlie is a gorgeous dog, very well bred and correct size and has a good coat. At only 17 months though she is hyper and bouncy and still squeals to have her ears clipped. I have groomed her 3 times so far and she comes every 6 weeks. Hopefully her behaviour will have improved by October and I can use her in the grooming comp, she has already graduated to no muzzle for her head, ears and nails and no squealing for her head. I havent used any products in her legs and they still scissor pretty well. Ive also just started on her little 3 month old brother Stanley...ooo he is so cute and very very cheeky.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by petgroomaustralia; 04-02-10, 10:23 PM.

Very cute! Never saw a tail like that on a schnauzie!! I've seen long tails but not shaped like that. Do they not allow tail docking in Australia? Just curious I have no idea on "the rules," lol.

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Look at that tail!!! That is so stinking CUTE!!! I've actually haven't seen a schnauzer with a tail. Not sure what I would do with it.
      "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

the tail?????

while I see it is not docked- long legged terriers do not have full tails- more like a wire or Welsh would be my suggestion.
        Squiggly schnauzers!

Comment

WOW

What a beautiful job. I'm going to remember that tail. How'd you do it?

Comment

No, tail docking is not allowed in Australia. I much prefer to take all the hair off the tails but around 50% of pet owners want some sort of tail hair on them.
            Last edited by petgroomaustralia; 04-03-10, 06:51 PM.

Comment

I had a new Schnauzer female today who also had a natural tail and dew claws.

The man didn't care about the groom as he said the English Bull dog was his dog and the Schn was his daughters' and wifes' dog. I just did it as if it were a Bengi type dog and a typical Schnauzer trim. I do not leave a full chest, or bib. I angle the under chest fur shorter at the tuck up. Your Schn is cute and has a nice body and ear set too. Nice groom. Due to the 7yr old daughter, I didn't want to make her dog too different from what she was used to. Her dog is 1yr old. She was at school, so I couldn't ask her.

Comment

What a lovely job on the wiggley puppy! I think that tail is a hoot! the second photo looks like a little stuffed dog with that tail so high up, really cute! (unusual, but cute!)

good luck with her!
                sittingpretty

Comment

She is a cutie I love the floppy ears too.

What did you use on her back?

Comment

YIKES!!

Looks like a thick, soft coat that will be impossible if she goes too long or gets wet and matted, but she sure is beautiful now!

Comment

She looks very pretty.

Comment

You are so talented. This groom is just beautiful.. beautiful! His coat is superb, too. wow. And I love that tail!
                        Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                        www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Its just a 7f on her back, during the colder weather I will use the dark purple wahl ss comb. I just scissored her tail, they wanted a bit of fluff but not too long. I do another one who has a long flag tail, he carries it like a shih tzu!!!

Comment

Gosh, I love grooming schnauzers! What a nice fluffy coat. And I love the puppies with the sticky outie faces. Beautiful job!!!
                            www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                            http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

I think the groom is great, I dislike the tail and feel your pain, it's the same situation in the uk - people are emotionally attached to the tail hair! BUT I had and evil plan and gradually took it shorter and shorter each time (with thinners so not as obvious) and nobody has noticed, so pretty much all my schnauzers get tails scissored very close now which makes me very happy *rubs hands together menacingly*

Comment

Working...
                              X