Teisha the samoyed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teisha the samoyed

This is Teisha. I really dont like doing these dogs but she is fairly regular and very well behaved except that she dribbles a lot. She took an hour and a half, I charged $165.00 cause if I have to do it I am charging a lot.

Linda
    petgroomaustralia
    Attached Files

Originally posted by petgroomaustralia View Post
    This is Teisha. I really dont like doing these dogs but she is fairly regular and very well behaved except that she dribbles a lot. She took an hour and a half, I charged $165.00 cause if I have to do it I am charging a lot.

Linda
    petgroomaustralia
    Whoa!!!!!!!!! that had to be a lot of work. Good,no excellent job.

astrordog

Comment

Wow, are you sure that's the same dog?! She looks beautiful.
      "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
      Diane

Comment

grooming price and breed

i think she looks wonderful but i think if you really don't like to do her you should tell her owners that you can no longer do there dog, i also think giving a higher price because you don't want to do it is not fair to the owner and i know it is alot of worki have done it but your price is way to high

Comment

Nobody is forcing them to pay it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gemini View Post
            i think she looks wonderful but i think if you really don't like to do her you should tell her owners that you can no longer do there dog, i also think giving a higher price because you don't want to do it is not fair to the owner and i know it is alot of worki have done it but your price is way to high
            I don't know, we do several breeds that we price higher because we really don't want to do them, and if we do them, we want money's worth for it. I figure if they really don't want to pay that high price, they can go somewhere else.
            Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Gemini, I strongly disagree with your comments about overcharging. I wouldn't do that job for any less. It's a beautiful groom and obviously the owners think so also, because they're willing to pay well for it.

I once got a few estimates for a small carpentry job. One guy came back with a very high estimate and I remembered thinking he wasn't very interested in the job when he was looking at it. I didn't hire him, but I do remember thinking he didn't really want to do it but if he did do it he was making sure it was worth his time and effort. So what's wrong with that? Nothing.

Everyone's free to ask as much as they want for the work they do. Likewise, we are all free to choose how we wish to spend our money.

Comment

Originally posted by c.c. View Post
                Gemini, I strongly disagree with your comments about overcharging. I wouldn't do that job for any less. It's a beautiful groom and obviously the owners think so also, because they're willing to pay well for it.

I once got a few estimates for a small carpentry job. One guy came back with a very high estimate and I remembered thinking he wasn't very interested in the job when he was looking at it. I didn't hire him, but I do remember thinking he didn't really want to do it but if he did do it he was making sure it was worth his time and effort. So what's wrong with that? Nothing.

Everyone's free to ask as much as they want for the work they do. Likewise, we are all free to choose how we wish to spend our money.
                Very well said C.C.! I have quite a few dogs that I charge a bit more for becuase I don't like to groom them. One becuase he is a savage biter - which I finally dropped as a client. I kept upping his price and was completely honest with the owner as to why and she said not a problem. They were so grateful I was willing to do it. In my mind it was getting ridiculously high and so I thought I need to just send them somewhere else. When I told the owner she asked if I needed more money. So some don't mind at all paying the money if they like the groomer and it's worth it to them. They definitely have the choice of going somewhere else.

Comment

Very nice work. How did you accomplish that in 1 and half hours anyway,looks more like a half a days worth of work. And your price seems fair to me.

Comment

Gorgeous I would that much if my Samoyed came home looking like that. You did a excellent job and in 1 1/2 hrs unreal
                    Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

Originally posted by gemini View Post
                      Did you notice that the original poster is in Australia? I don't know what the exchange rate is, but I'll bet $165 Australian is not the same as $165 US. And I don't know what the going rate for grooming a Sammy is in Mellbourne, Australia, either. While the price could be on the high side, it may not be way too high.

On the other hand, if the owner thinks it's worth it, who are we to judge? Some people pay a couple of hundred dollars for their own hair cut and think nothing of it. Others pay $12.

Comment

I'm with you, petgroomaustralia

I'm not a fan of grooming these dogs either, simply because owners bring them in in this condition! I don't think your price is unreasonable at all in this circumstance. The groom looks fantastic, by the way. Well done! And I guess that $165 AU is about $135 US.

Comment

This is how I get her done in 1 1/2 hours. I do her nails and clip pads with a 40 blade, underarms and groin with a 10 blade. Then throw her in the bath where I make a mix of shampoo, conditioner, silicone coat spray and a squirt of morning fresh if really dirty and greasy all into the recirculating bath together. Wash dog well, I want that silicone to get to all of the hair, its the secret to getting the coat out quickly and easily. Rinse off and HV until just slightly damp with the concentrator nozzle. Then take the nozzle off so that the dryer gives me warmer air and whilst I am finishing the drying I use the 18 blade coat king to remove the matts and excess undercoat. Starting from the bottom of the dog and working upwards and using the dryer to separate the coat for me like I am linebrushing I do the width of the coat king at a time and work my way around the dog in a circle. By the time this is done all I have left to do is the final fluff with a slicker, comb through the coat to make sure the undercoat is all gone and the comb runs through easily. Finally trim up the feet and underline and whatever else has been requested by the owner. Because I am using the dryer with the coat king I dont have to keep stopping to clear it because the hair is continuously being blown away. Undercoat removal is very easy this way and MUCH MUCH quicker.

BTW, I dont use conditioner at all any more on all of the small fluffy dogs, they get a mix of shampoo and silicone coat spray which makes them very quick and easy to dry and gives the coat a beautiful finish.

Linda

Comment

I'll have to try that method! I have a very good friend that I've known for years whose Samoyed looked like this last time I groomed her. As far as pricing goes, I charged a third of what I should but it ought to have been closer to what Linda charged, even though this person is a dear friend (and I mean in US Dollard)! It takes months of not touching the dog with a brush to achieve a nasty coat like that.

Comment

Ahh so thats how its done

I think you've done a brilliant job in just1 1.5 hrs! I spent that time today brushing out a tiny poodlexmaltese because the owner didn't want it cut short but the poor little thing had not been brushed for months. I am definately chasing you up for some training! And rushing out for silicone spray!
                              Cheers
                              Charmaine
                              Hot Doggy (Qld Australia)

Comment

Working...
                              X