My first Continental... Critique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Continental... Critique?

This is Basil. He is a 3 year old Standard Poodle (blue). He finished his AKC championship at 10 months old, and has just been a dog since. I have decided to pull him out of retirement for his UKC championship. I did his continental today... going by photos online only. It is almost right, but I think his rosettes are too far back from his pack. It is an HCC, not the traditional continental. Any advice would be greatly appreciate, he will be shown in April.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs410...._6747430_n.jpg

bump

Looks good to me... I have only seen them in dog shows, though.
    C'mon folks, give the groomer some feedback!

Comment

Compliments to you. For just going by pics, it's not too bad for a first try! The only comments I would have are, yes, the poms are too big and look like they're falling off the side. I would raise the sides by a finger width or two. (I can't see from this photo how wide the band is between the poms). The other change I see would be to raise the jacket on the front legs just to the elbow. He has no front leg and looks like he's running downhill.

Comment

IMO you need to move the mane coat forward, it's too far bck. The rosettes are way too big and the placement needs to be moved up and forward a bit. I think your band in between the rosettes may be a bit wide.

BTW he's a very pretty dog.

Comment

Thanks guys He is rather beautiful, but kind of a putz A boy he is LOL. I will take your suggestions, I am going to groom him tomorrow hopefully.

Comment

Working...
          X