Airedale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airedale

This is one of my all time favorite dogs to groom. I've been doing him since he was 12 weeks old. He's a really good boy, never moves during the groom. But he's not too fond of having his picture taken, and I couldn't get those ears up to save my life.
    Attached Files

Pretty pretty boy, great job blending your lines too!!

Comment

He looks so smooth. He looks like a real sweetie. What blade do you use on him?

Comment

what a beautiful job. He looks so sad lol
        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by Poodlefluff View Post
          He looks so smooth. He looks like a real sweetie. What blade do you use on him?
          He got buzzed with a 7 skip 3 months ago. Since then I've been using a Coat King and stripping knife to keep him in shape. I guess technically it's not rolling, because I don't pluck, but it has the same effect. The only clipping he's gotten is his head/ears/throat. Oh, and sanitary clip.

Comment

He looks beautiful, but a little sad too. Just doesn't want a pic taken.

Some day I hope the Airedale that I groom will behave herself. I'm hoping the gh will help with that. She is pretty good for most of her body but is crazy when it comes to her head.
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

Very nice

I hope to be able to do an Airedale someday. We don't see many of them here, however, there are a few around (one of the other groomers shows them).

Comment

Nice groom, Helly! I love the head, it looks very sharp.

I have never seen an Airedale with coloring like this---don't they usually have red (whatever they call that color) on their thighs?

Tammy in Utah
                Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
                  Nice groom, Helly! I love the head, it looks very sharp.

I have never seen an Airedale with coloring like this---don't they usually have red (whatever they call that color) on their thighs?

Tammy in Utah
                  Well, he's still a young'n. A lot of dogs with black saddles have too much black extending down their legs until they get a little older. I used to have a GSD that was almost totally black as a baby, and didn't totally change color until he was almost 3.

Comment

bumping forward

Comment

wow since 12 weeks. that is great that the owner allowed you to groom the dog at such a young age. the earlier the better. I hate getting those dogs that have never been groomed until they are 1-3 years old. Those dogs tend to be harder to handle.

Comment

Bumping again.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                          Bumping again.
                          Got a case of the bumps there helly??? LOLOL That 'dale looks great, he is just a modest fellow and doesnt want his pic taken
                          The ocean is a desert with it's life underground and the perfect disguise above><((((؛>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((؛>¸.
                          ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((؛>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((؛>

Comment

Originally posted by hairdevil
                            it has room for improvement, but why does this keep getn bumped?
                            By the way, the PHOTO could use some improvement. For a pet trim, there's nothing wrong with the groom. What you see as imperfections are the result of bad camera work...and a couple of lipomas.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                              By the way, the PHOTO could use some improvement. For a pet trim, there's nothing wrong with the groom. What you see as imperfections are the result of bad camera work...and a couple of lipomas.
                              I seriously doubt that you actually think you can't improve that beautiful pet groom. Even after 30+ years at this, you are still learning and improving your already stellar abilities. Even on technically "incorrect" pet grooms. And even though this pet groom is far more than many of us could achieve, I would think you would still do it even better in the future. You are more than welcome to disagree, but there is ALWAYS room for improvement, IMO.
                              Last edited by Full_Groom; 06-20-08, 10:17 PM. Reason: Edited for un-necessary remarks
                              Jacob

Comment

Working...
                              X