Maisie the Scottie Girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maisie the Scottie Girl

I don't groom too many Scottie's. Went to the old stand by..Notes... to get an idea of what I was suppose to do.

Maisie hadn't been groomed for a very l o n g time. There was no pattern what so ever to help me out.

I know her ear tufts aren't exactly right, they seem to be more on the side of her ear instead of in front of her ear. Guess I'll need to work on that a little more. I think her blending looked alright.

I'm open for critiques.

She was a total sweetheart. Owner loved how she looked (looked better going home than she did coming in LOL) and said she'll be back. She didn't rebook, I didn't even think to ask.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pixie; 01-13-10, 09:08 AM.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Pixie,,you did a bam up job! Wow! That cannot be the same dog!
    Last edited by windywaycavaliers; 01-14-10, 07:20 PM.
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Superb! I say SUPERB!

She must have been a good girl. I would maybe trim her toes a bit more, and take the silhouette of her legs sharper. The last photo looks like a professional photographer too. Do they have a copy? Why would anyone not be regular when they can have their dog looking like that?

Comment

Wow! Beautiful job!! She looks MARVELOUS!!!!!

Comment

Wow, what a transformation. She looks great. Nice photography too.

Comment

Amazing!
            Bulldogs are adorable, with faces like toads that have been sat on.

Comment

oh my she looks soooo cute in that last pic!!!! great job!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenneversage64 View Post
                She must have been a good girl. I would maybe trim her toes a bit more, and take the silhouette of her legs sharper. The last photo looks like a professional photographer too. Do they have a copy? Why would anyone not be regular when they can have their dog looking like that?
                Oh, she was just grand!!! The sweetest dog ever! When she comes in again I'll remember to do as you suggested. After looking at her pic I'm seeing where I should have trimmed her belly furns a little more.
                I forgot to ask for her email address, so she didn't get a picture sent. I'll have to call her and see if I can get it. Don't know where my mind was today, didn't ask about rebooking and didn't ask about an email address!

Thanks everyone for you comments. They also mean a lot to me, everyone is just so nice.
                Diane

Comment

She looks really nice.

The only scottie I do is "Mr. Sir Max" (yep that's his name mom corrects you if you don't say the whole thing). He is a great dog to do nails and all. His mom has worked very hard with him, and does whatever I tell her to keep him good. The only thing I don't like, is that she likes the bottom of his ears to have hair all the way around the base. No tufts, like tipped ears, but witha scottie head, just looks off, but thats what she wants
                  If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

Who would have known there was a Scottie under all that hair! Great Groom.
                    Last edited by RudyRoo; 01-13-10, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Looking at the first pic i couldn't tell it was a Scottie. i think you did a wonderful job.

She look so pretty.

Comment

Jodi Murphy has an excellent DVD on Scotties, and, it starts out with the head, so you don't have to watch the entire disc just to refresh your memory on the head cut.
                        You did a beautiful job, can't believe it's the same dog. Hopefully the owner rescheduled in 6 weeks !! I love the bow that is attached, did you purchase or make??

Happy Scottie Grooming !

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

She looks so beautiful. She looks like a totally different dog. Amazing job!

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
                            Jodi Murphy has an excellent DVD on Scotties, and, it starts out with the head, so you don't have to watch the entire disc just to refresh your memory on the head cut.
                            You did a beautiful job, can't believe it's the same dog. Hopefully the owner rescheduled in 6 weeks !! I love the bow that is attached, did you purchase or make??
                            I may have to check into that DVD, and the bow...I made it. Thanks.

Maybe I should have title this thread..."Guess the Breed", because everyone (most) has made the comment that it's hard to tell what is under all that hair!!!! LOL
                            Diane

Comment

Very good looking groom!!!!! SHE came out great!
                              and you wanna hear something funny? the first time I did a scotty I was talking to my husband and shaved off the ear tufts!!!! thankfully it was his moms dogs

Comment

Working...
                              X