I LOVE this little Pom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I LOVE this little Pom!

The school has a very special little lady come in. Enter Daisy, an elderly Pomeranian with an alopecia coat. She hardly has any topcoat left, but it makes for a really fun coat to work with. In October, last time she was in, Tim showed me how to sculpt with scissors to make her look like a little plush doll. Since my scissoring has improved since then, today I took on her coat, completely unassisted.

I just love working with her! She's feisty for her feet, but nothing too bad. Her trachea is collapsed, so she needs a safety sash. She has a tendency to get cranky, but she's just a sweetie in general. Plus I think she knows I love Nordic dogs

It's like I said when I finished her trim, I want a little alopecia Pom someday
    Attached Files

She's as cute as a button. Looks like a little stuffed dog! Nice job!
    www.gomobileandsucceed.com
    http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

So cute!!!! Very nice.

Comment

Very cute groom

Looks like you are enjoying school

Comment

Nice groom, and like I have said before, I love your passion.

I think she needs her thyroid checked. From what I have heard, and read alopecia is almost like an allergy to your own hair. Pom's are known for thyroid problems, and a good sighn is poor hair growth.
          If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

impressive work jc

yet again! you seem to be a natural! and if you enjoy it too, wow you are in for the career of a lifetime!!!

Comment

Jut another pretty face

I just wanted to share a pic of this very pretty Husky that I had yesterday. My whole week has been packed with very dirty DC dogs...but this sweet girl was a treat--so pretty!
              Attached Files
              Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
              www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Windy, she's gorgeous! Man do I love Nordic dogs!

Stewiedog, I've asked about her coat before, and Tim said that she used to get shaved down a lot in her younger days. Her coat never came back after a while. But I do wonder if there's something else hiding under there...

Dog Daze, I'm spending an extra two weeks in school to help out during the Christmas rush. It's going to be intense, but fun!

Big M, check out this Bichon I scissored. This one I had a little help on, but only because I forgot the steps on the back leg
                Attached Files

Comment

JC .....

Beautiful!!! Are you staying in Ohio?

Comment

That Bichon looks very nice
                    If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

JC- that Bichon looks VERY nice!
                      Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                      www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Nice job!

What school are you attending? I didn't really get a chance to do any scissoring in school. Your bichon looked amazing. Way to go!

Comment

Thanks again everyone!

Dirty hairy, I'm attending Nash. Tomorrow was supposed to be my graduation, but Tim asked me to stay and help with Christmas. I'm already glad I said yes ^-^

Big M, I don't plan on staying in Ohio for very long. I figure I'll get my "in", see where it goes, and then start that reach for the cosmos

Comment

Well from the looks of it JC doghero

you are on to a GREAT future in the grooming world. If Nash is putting out quality groomers en masse like you, well I just might have to begin reevaluating my opinion of grooming schools. Beautiful work!

Comment

Will you be in Atlanta?
                              www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                              http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Working...
                              X