The westie from He!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The westie from He!!

Well, this is one of my westie clients. She is a REAL challenge because she won't stand still, bites at the sprayer, dryer, comb, brush etc and is generally a PITB. She's a sweetie otherwise, just SOOOOO full of herself. It takes me forever to finish her, but with persistance (and lots of patience), it gets done.
    Attached Files

She looks great! Nice job.

Comment

She is a pretty girl, you can tell by the picts that she is a pistol!!! Nice job she looks great!
      SheilaB from SC

Comment

For a PITB she looks fabulous!
        Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

You always see things after..

you get done and look at the pictures.

I could have taken the top of her head shorter and blended her skirt a little better.

Thanks so much for the encouraging words. It really helps to have such a great support base (such as this board).
          Attached Files

Comment

She looks really good---her head looks like a show westie head. I really love the look of Westies, they are so cute. You did one of the nicer looking westies I've ever seen.

Tammy in Utah
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
              She looks really good---her head looks like a show westie head. I really love the look of Westies, they are so cute. You did one of the nicer looking westies I've ever seen.

Tammy in Utah
              WOWWWW, thanks!!!! You don't know what that means to me.

I have really been trying hard to improve my skills (studing Notes, TO5, and reading all the post's on here) and it's SO nice to hear from seasoned groomers, such kind words.

Comment

How did you do the head. It really has a great layered look to it giving it more body. Did you hand scissor it or use a comb clip? You should be very happy with the result of that groom. You did a super job.
                don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

The head is done totally with my blenders (thinners), except for the ear tips of course.

Comment

I love how her head looks

Her hair on her head sticks up cute. I love the Ceasar canned dog food Westie;until it moves, it doesn't look real. Yours looks like a professional photo you see on a milk bone biscuit box...very cute.

Comment

Love the head

I think the head looks great, I'm glad you didn't cut it shorter on the top, you really did a nice job capturing the expression of the breed. I too always do my entire westie headpiece with thinning shears...for me its the only way to go!

Comment

I would either grow the legs or shorten the skirt-- they don't seem to match each other. Its really hard to blend when you do that short on the back... a lot of clients are used to that it seems, but if you can get them used to a little longer, like a 2 comb, it won't require so much effort to blend.

I have a westie that bites like crazy at the dryer. Every time I do her I can't get over how stupid she must be to not learn that she's biting at air!

Comment

i agree with kellic..i try to get the owners used to a longer length. mainly on the legs..because i think the dogs look better with the legs slightly longer than their body. but great job..i groom two wheaton terrriers that are PITA dogs when it comes to blowing them dry. they totally freak out!

Comment

I agree with Sheila. She has the look of a wild Westie. I hope you use teh GH on her. I have one crying bronko for the nails and i wont do without the GH.
                            Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

Originally posted by NeaNea View Post
                              Well, this is one of my westie clients. She is a REAL challenge because she won't stand still, bites at the sprayer, dryer, comb, brush etc and is generally a PITB. She's a sweetie otherwise, just SOOOOO full of herself. It takes me forever to finish her, but with persistance (and lots of patience), it gets done.
                              You did a nice job. She sure looks like my Daisy. At least my Daisy is great to groom, and she is only a little over a year old. I do a brother of her though, and he is just awful. He bit the tar out of me and I told his owner she had to get him under control or I could not do him. I just love our Daisy though, as she is so sweet and sooooo full of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X