I'm so proud! My first PWD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so proud! My first PWD!

This is from this morning, she is 1 1/2 and I don't think she'd been groomed professionally before today. I had to brush her out for over two hours (I was gentle- I don't usually dematt but...). Any way she was quite the mess but isn't she pretty now!?!?

Originally posted by OneGroovyGroomer View Post
    This is from this morning, she is 1 1/2 and I don't think she'd been groomed professionally before today. I had to brush her out for over two hours (I was gentle- I don't usually dematt but...). Any way she was quite the mess but isn't she pretty now!?!?

I am having a hard time just posting a reply so I had to use the quote button.

I've never done one of these but it looks really nice. The legs look beautiful in the front.

Where the heck are you that you are grooming outside? I'm so jealous with the inches of snow here in CT.

Comment

I had my PWD a couple of weeks ago. She said that the last time she was in my salon, they cut her like a schnauzer, so she brought me pictures. I didnt need them, because if ever there is a breed that I havent done, I turn to my trusty Notes From the Grooming Table. I think yours is beautiful.

Comment

Beautiful!
        I too am jealous that you were grooming outside! It was so gorgeous here today that we were all talking about taking our dogs outside, but thought what a distraction...for them and us!
        Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Nice job, although I have to say I wouldn't spend 2 hours brushing anything out- just don't have that kind of patience!

Comment

Great job!!! I have become a real enthusiast for this breed since I started boarding and grooming 3 from the same family. They really are great dogs once you get your hands on them......a bit hyper, but they settle nicely. BTW I am jealous of your grooming digs too!
            SheilaB from SC

Comment

Smooth as velvet....I think he looks amazing.

Comment

His coat looks like velvet and his feet look lovely. You did a very nice job, you SHOULD be proud!

Tammy in Utah
                Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Very nice job, the coat is velvety looking. Aren't they just the cutest dogs?
                  Never gonna know if you never even try

Comment

He looks great!

We don't see PWD's here. As a matter of fact, I've never see one in person, so I'm really not a good judge of the proper grooming, but he does look wonderful.

Comment

I think you did a beautiful job....very plush looking. In the years I have been grooming, I've never groomed a PWD. I did have one in my van though, as a friend of mine I met on a poodle board, gave hers a bath in it, and showed me how they do get groomed for show.
                      don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Originally posted by NeaNea View Post
                        He looks great!

We don't see PWD's here. As a matter of fact, I've never see one in person, so I'm really not a good judge of the proper grooming, but he does look wonderful.
                        We don't see many either. We do one, and it's always really matted.
                        Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Thanks guys!...

for all the nice feedback. All thanks to my "Notes from the Grooming Table" (my grooming bible). The owner was really happy and even asked if I was a "show groomer" lol. I think her head is a little larger in proportion don't you think, he asked for me to leave it fuller... Also I had to use a #3F blade on her body because of matting but I still think it ended up OK in the end, maybe he will ask for "the same" next time and I will have less scissoring to do!

P.S. I'm in califronia and yes it WAS a really nice day to be outside but it was a little windy and I did get a sunburn if that helps any. :P

Comment

Working...
                          X