• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other PWD

Here is Marsh!
    Attached Files
    SheilaB from SC

We have a bunch of porties where I'm at, but none of them get a portie clip and I don't even know if any of them are of good breeding. They're of all shapes and sizes.

Comment

I have one PWD that I do. Owner usually gets anywhere from a 3 3/4 - 5 all on him. But, she never knows what she wants done with his head and face. And I really have no clue. The only PWD's I had ever seen were curly coated. This dog is supposed to be wavy, but his hair doesn't have much wave to it. And he is huge. I don't know PWD's very well, but this guy is either bad breeding or a mix.
      I've done a 10 on the face, a 5 on the face, left the face full, straightened out the head, left it to air dry to get a little bit of curl to it. She never knows what she wants. And she always brings a pic in...of a curly coat!
      I'll add a pic..feel free to nit pick (i can take it lol) and give me any ideas as to what to do with his head.
      Attached Files

Comment

Fluffy, your're right, she does look like a PWD mix, but she sure is a pretty thing. I think her cut looks great. If the owner doesn't know what she wants, how are you supposed too??? lol
        SheilaB from SC

Comment

All the Porties we have get essentially the same thing. Clip the body (long or short) and scissor the legs and I guess you'd call the face a cockapoo face, or doodle face. I wouldn't know what else to do with it.

Comment

Sheila: You did a nice job on a style that I hate, lol.

I just don't like the fluffy fronts and the naked backs. But what can ya do when that is how they're supposed to be groomed? You did good, girl, I'm impressed.

Once again, what did you use on this dog.

Tammy in Utah
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Thanks for the replies you guys! Spikey, I used a 4 ATG on Marsh w/the regulator opened on his face and I closed it when I did his feet so they would be slightly shorter and cleaner. I used my Coat King lightly and Scissored, Scissored, Scissored.....lol...I did get brave w/Marsh and move his line up. Going by articles I read and the chart the owner brought me his line was not up enough. The last rib is supposed to be used as a start line on most of them. Thankfully I did the right thing (shewww). I hated it that I took his brow back to far though. As soon as I did the fateful clip I thouught "oh sh*t"!!! lol It is such a habit to want to see the eyes in pet grooming. At least she didn't seem bothered by it!
              This lion cut is not my favorite either, but when you see them outside running and playing it looks just so pretty!!
              SheilaB from SC

Comment

No Thanks

Not for me, too muchwork. In Calif. more trhan 7 years ago I groomed one that lived by day on a yaght. funny...water dog, yaght? Was the office. Dog did water relays..very matted...got to be too much..bitey from mats...had to give up. have photos somewhere...I"ve run across recently.

Comment

I have about 6 I groom, and LOVE! Here's Piper in his lion trim.

Sheilab, only thing I'd say is to move the line on his tail back further...it looks too close to the body, but maybe that's what owner likes. O/w, looks fab.
                  Erin
                  No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

I do it every time!!!

I click submit reply thinking it's the dagum Manage Attachments button. Grrrrrrrrrr. Can't you guys make this website easier for the idiots, like me???

Well, now here is Piper whom I posted about in the last post...
                    Attached Files
                    Erin

Comment

Originally posted by ejmj30 View Post
                      I have about 6 I groom, and LOVE! Here's Piper in his lion trim.

Sheilab, only thing I'd say is to move the line on his tail back further...it looks too close to the body, but maybe that's what owner likes. O/w, looks fab.
                      He's beautiful Erin. I probabally would have gone farther down the tail on my own, but the owner brought in a diagram so I followed that. I also went to far back on the brow which is ingrained in "pet" grooming. I like the way Piper is so you can see his pretty eyes, but the "standard" groom is supposed to be left longer. I also had to restrain my self..lol.. and not over scissor. They are supposed to be kept fairly natural and shaggy.
                      SheilaB from SC

Comment

Yeah, I barely took anything off his head, cause it still needs to grow in...a lot! This was only his second groom...he's not yet 7 mo old.
                        Erin

Comment

Working...
                        X