Round face, short ears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round face, short ears

The ears were just trimmed on the edges, they had been shaved by another shop. They had also left the hair on the head about 2-3 times as long as the rest of the face, which was weird, as the other shop is known to be one of the better shops in town. Anyway, this dog was very good, and I thought he turned out kinda cute for a curly haired little thing.

Tammy in Utah
    Attached Files
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Edited.
    Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Cute Tammy! I have a few that I shave the ears on, but I surely don't leave the top of their heads way longer than their face. That's kind of weird.

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
        The ears were just trimmed on the edges, they had been shaved by another shop. They had also left the hair on the head about 2-3 times as long as the rest of the face, which was weird, as the other shop is known to be one of the better shops in town. Anyway, this dog was very good, and I thought he turned out kinda cute for a curly haired little thing.

Tammy in Utah
        He is a cutie! I like short ears. Did they leave the head long to have a top-knot? (Although that would be very weird with short ears!)

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
          He is a cutie! I like short ears. Did they leave the head long to have a top-knot? (Although that would be very weird with short ears!)

Terry, I thought of that, but I don't think they did. I am not quite sure why. These owners were strange though so it wouldn't surprise me. They brought in two dogs, including this one, and said the other shop "Didn't even bathe them!" Now, I've seen this shop do some "incorrect" patterns on an airedale and a few things here and there, but for the number of dogs that go in and come out of that place...

Anyway, so I call the other shop and tell them and they laughed and said, "The one that didn't get the bath was a $10 face/nail trim!!" Then wished me luck with the customers!

They were happy about the grooms, but it made me kind of angry---suppose they went to another shop and complained about MY grooming and said "She didn't even bath them!" Pa-lease! I knew better!

Tammy in Utah

Comment

Cutiepie!

He's too cute. Beautiful round head and I like the short ears. :-)

LoL. Customers like that irk the dickens out of me. You know the type. They go from shop to shop trying to get pity for the treatment they got from the last place they went, when in reality they don't want to pay full price for a groom or just want SOMETHING to complain about.

This lady with these two Shih Tzus always comes in complaining about what happened at this last salon and the salon before that. The reality is that her dogs are always matted to the skin and she doesn't want to pay for a groom. So after we go through the "routine" (this is how much it's going to cost for the groom; they have to be shaved; no, we aren't going to brush that out, etc.), she settles on a face trim and sanitary for $10 and says she'll never come back - that we have horrible customer service skills and it's a wonder we have any business. She comes back like every other month.

People are crazy. ;-)

Comment

I love the short ears...Some of my customers lil dogs ears have been so matted, I have had to shave them off, then make cute round face. When they pick the dog up , the client acts like they are in shock. Dont freak out, but seem like they dont like it....LOL when they come back in 6wks, they request the short ears. Say the look grew on them and now they prefer it! go figure . No more dirty ear bottoms from food and water bowls etc.
              nice groom on him.

Comment

Cute pup. I really like his short ears and round face.

I had a little Shih the other day that I just could not get her face as round as I would have liked it. I finally had to just quit. The client was really happy with her face. don't figure
                "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                Diane

Comment

Nice job, Tammy, I remember I saw another Shih Tzu photo you posted a while ago , it was cute already, and this one is even better. You just getting better and better everytime I saw your photos, WOW.

Comment

Adorable

I think you should be TammytheShihtzu

Comment

Thanks jjk (I still want to call you JJ!). I have been working very hard---like I've said before, I'm an obsessive person, and now scrapbooking has become my diversion.

GracyRose, thank you, I appreciate that, lol. I've worked at 3 shops now. The first one I struggled with faces and just did the best I could with what training I had. It did not come naturally to me.

The second shop showed me how to do them round, and though I still need practice, I see a 100% improvement from my past grooms. I've been grooming 3 years in March, so not very long.

Tammy in Utah

Comment

I have several of my clients that I do this look on. I think it is really cute and it keeps those problomatic ears from getting matted and nasty. BTW great grooming job (once again...lol)
                        SheilaB from SC

Comment

I still want to be JJ, but I needed three characters for a user name. Anyway, Tammy, you earned it, can't wait to see your next photo, but maybe to dig a hole for myself in the meantime.

Comment

Working...
                          X