Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blo Pens & Stenciling is there a better way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blo Pens & Stenciling is there a better way?

Here is a picture of my cat, he really puts up with alot but when it comes to colouring him, well with blo pens anyhow, I try and blow and it comes out so lightly that I have to go over and over it to get really vibrant colour and the stencil moves and I am trying my best to keep the cat still and keep this thing in my mouth to blow on it and well there just has to be a better way to colour him with crisp lines, detail and vibrant colour....anyone ever try an airbrush?

Well this is how he turned out.
    Attached Files

I have seen a foot pump for the blo pens on ebay.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I have nothing to say about blo pens, but that has to be the cutiest thing I have ever seen. Absolulty adorable!!

Comment

I totally agree with Mary!

I'm thinking I may have to try some stencilling on my Golden.

Maybe a heart for Valentine's and/or a shamrock for St Patrick's....

too bad I can't get a PBR logo (Professional Bull Riders) stencil, or he'd have that on his rump--and probably get a close-up on VS. Network (formerly outdoor life Network) when the bull riders' tour comes to KC.

Comment

Originally posted by k9stylist1968 View Post
          I totally agree with Mary!

I'm thinking I may have to try some stencilling on my Golden.

Maybe a heart for Valentine's and/or a shamrock for St Patrick's....

too bad I can't get a PBR logo (Professional Bull Riders) stencil, or he'd have that on his rump--and probably get a close-up on VS. Network (formerly outdoor life Network) when the bull riders' tour comes to KC.
          You can make your own. Just get a full sheet of stencil paper and trace the logo on there and cut it out.
          If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I've haven't done any coloring, but find it very interesting to try. Has anyone done this will an air compressor with a regulator on it? seems like it would beat the heck out of blowing into a pen! there has to be a more productive and practical approach to this....

Comment

Edited.
              Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 05:01 PM.

Comment

I just luuuv your kitty! I am tempted to clip my little persian rescue. She doesn't like getting brushed, so I figured that clipping would cut down on her grooming time. I am checking into using my professional airbrush and stencils with temporary tattoo paints for this type of designs. I really want to use all natural inks if I can.

Comment

Great photo. Wondering how you get the tops of his booties to blend so nicely. Mine never look that good. I'd love to perfect my cat grooming cause no one does it around here. Right now, I get the job done, and don't worry too much about making it perfect.
                  Erin
                  No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

What a cute idea. Does the kitty lick it off though?

Comment

Very nice. I'm also wondering how you got your cat to sit still long enough to do the painting AND taking a pic of it?? Mine would be gone in a second!
                      "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                      Diane

Comment

Same thought

Plexi, I agree, how did she keep her cat still.

What kind of dye did you use?

Comment

That has got to be the cutest thing on a cat EVER! You did a great job of blending the boots, and the head looks nice too!

Just darling! I have no advice for you, but you seem to be doing great on your own!

Tammy in Utah
                          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Using a compressor

Originally posted by toomuchfunbnme View Post
                            I just luuuv your kitty! I am tempted to clip my little persian rescue. She doesn't like getting brushed, so I figured that clipping would cut down on her grooming time. I am checking into using my professional airbrush and stencils with temporary tattoo paints for this type of designs. I really want to use all natural inks if I can.
                            What I may suggest I have as of yet invested in an airbrush with compressor but as for temp tattoo dyes I would worry about the edibal factor ever thought about cake airbrishing dyes.They are none toxic and edibal. I cant wait to have my airbrush

Comment

that is too cute

Comment

Working...
                              X