Bichon I did today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bichon I did today

Here is a picture of a Bichon that I do once in a while. I did not do him last time, as he lives out of the area, and the only time I do him is when his Mom brings her Bichons and other dogs into groom. Her Mom is the one with the little female, Mimosa, that had the pups which I posted in the other site.

The picture is Theo, and his chin hair was way short, which I only evened up and he gets clean feet. I did him the first part of Nov. and he got messed up again in between. He has really soft coat. The top of his head was way long.
    Attached Files

Beautiful

Beautiful heads. bodies and nice full talls. Nice scissoring on those legs. What did you use on legs and body? Do most of your customers like the bottom of the ear trimmed to the leather? I don't have many that like the ears the way they should be and it throws the whole head off sometimes.
    I've never seen a Bichon with clean feet, they're so tiny.

Comment

WOW Bear, he looks AWESOME! Look at that tail, it's beautiful and his coat looks smooth as butter...Great groom!! What do you use to minimize the face stains?

Comment

Beautiful!

Bearmtn, you're awesome! I will be very happy if I ever come close to your skill in scissoring! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Beautiful job. What blade did you use, and do you use a cv?
          astrodog

Comment

he looks like a little squirrel! great groom, all your dogs look awesome.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I used a 1/2 comb on his back and scissored the rest. I really didn't like doing his legs that short but the clean feet thing makes that hard. He does look like a squirrel and that is partly do to doing his legs so short. I don't think he has a level topline either.

Comment

You made a cute pet look BEAUTIFUL. I just love that tail and have to say I like the clean feet on this Bichon...

Comment

Nice Head!

I love the nice round head.. I struggle with getting that shape JUST RIGHT... yours looks very nice.... How long have you been grooming?

Comment

Originally posted by lillysmom View Post
                    I love the nice round head.. I struggle with getting that shape JUST RIGHT... yours looks very nice.... How long have you been grooming?
                    It's hard to say how long I have been grooming. My mother was a groomer and raised poodles. I was a brusher bather on my weekends all thru high school to support my horse habit. Mom didn't want me to groom and sent me to cosmotology school. I got my license, but didn't like it. Than I went to grooming school in my early 30's and I am 56. Now both my girls groom.

Comment

I think she did exactly was the customer asked, and it looks real nice...I have customers that ask me to do clean feet on a Lhasa?!
                      Making Central Florida Pawsitively Purrfect since 2005.

Comment

What a great groom. He looks beautiful. A Bichon with clean feet, they look very nice.
                        None of my children want to learn how to groom. How did you do it? May be what I should have told them is "No, you are not allowed to groom, EVER!!) then they would have shown some interest
                        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                        Diane

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                          What a great groom. He looks beautiful. A Bichon with clean feet, they look very nice.
                          None of my children want to learn how to groom. How did you do it? May be what I should have told them is "No, you are not allowed to groom, EVER!!) then they would have shown some interest
                          I didn't want my girls to groom. They both could get excellent grades in school if they wanted to, but they just wanted to quit. My older daughter wanted out of high school and I could not keep her going, so she took the high school equvalancy test and passed. She than had to come to work with me and learn to groom. It was either that or I was possibly going to have her taken away from me. I once had to walk her to all her classes for 2 weeks. I had to sit in the high school parking lot and wait for each class to be over, as she would ride the bus to school and go play all day.

Comment

lovely job, I love your scissoring

Comment

Originally posted by Bearmtn View Post
                              I didn't want my girls to groom. They both could get excellent grades in school if they wanted to, but they just wanted to quit. My older daughter wanted out of high school and I could not keep her going, so she took the high school equvalancy test and passed. She than had to come to work with me and learn to groom. It was either that or I was possibly going to have her taken away from me. I once had to walk her to all her classes for 2 weeks. I had to sit in the high school parking lot and wait for each class to be over, as she would ride the bus to school and go play all day.
                              That is great that you were so determined to get your girls to finish High School. I know that if my kids are determined to drop out I will be just as devoted and determined as you were to keep them in. Just out of curiosity though, why didn't you want your girls to groom? I think I would be delighted if my kids wanted to be groomers. True, it is hard work, but w/today's technology and education it has become a lot more prestigious of a career than it was years ago and a person can certainly make a great living off of it.
                              SheilaB from SC

Comment

Working...
                              X