Reba the standard poodle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reba the standard poodle

This is Reba. She is 4 months old and she has awesome parents who have committed to doing clean feet and face since they got her so she can get used to it! They also brush often. Never met poodle parents who do this! Obviously her top knot is taken wayyy back. They said they didn't realize it's not supposed to be shaved that far back...oh well. hair grows. And at least they are trying! Anyway, this is her first big girl groom. Nothing too fancy or special. We all agreed we liked her wild child head look, so I left it like that until she grows out of her puppy hair...Then we'll see. I'm just excited I get to work with a standard (esp a young one). Oh, and they have another the same age coming to see m Thursday! doubly excited!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ruby_Goode.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	1138884Click image for larger version

Name:	ruby_goode2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	1138885

funny for me: because I groom an apricot standard whose OWNER is named Reba & requires a shave above the eyes (altho a traditional TK cut in above the ears). my husband remembers this client as the only one who came during our snow/ice storm a few years ago!

Comment

She is beautiful! Were the owners shaving her face themselves? Lol. a friend of mine has a 10 yr old red standard named Reba.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by laurendoodler View Post
        She is beautiful! Were the owners shaving her face themselves? Lol. a friend of mine has a 10 yr old red standard named Reba.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
        They sure are. Part of me kind of likes it...we are def letting that bit grow back in though. Certainly wouldn't be as cute if she had gotten a more traditional topknot separated from the ears. I saw a picture of Stella, the other one, and her top knot is even father back! But hey, like I said, at least they are trying to get them used to the face and feet being done. And doing a pretty good job at it. I asked what kind of clippers they got, and they told me they've been using horse clippers. Never seen any, but the wife tells me they have lots of different sizes and it seems to be working for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuckie View Post
          funny for me: because I groom an apricot standard whose OWNER is named Reba & requires a shave above the eyes (altho a traditional TK cut in above the ears). my husband remembers this client as the only one who came during our snow/ice storm a few years ago!
          lol! That is funny!

Comment

I love them!

Comment

Actually if they were looking at poodles with tied up topknots and have bad vision or on their phones I could see how you could mistake a tied up topknot as being shaved.

Comment

I actually kinda like the look on a pet standard poodle just like her face is.
                Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Very cute! Great job as apricots have such horrible coats to work with IMO. I have a customer as well that does not like the ear set. Maybe it's a new trend? I call him my "Darth Vader" poodle
                  Attached Files
                  It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                  Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Hey update on this dog?? She's probably all grown up now

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cyn View Post
                      I actually kinda like the look on a pet standard poodle just like her face is.
                      I secretly like it, too

Comment

Originally posted by ItzaClip! View Post
                        Hey update on this dog?? She's probably all grown up now

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                        yes, they've grown, but not much. Both are pretty small for standards. Both are very good to work with! I wish their mom would keep a longer cut (we do a 4 on the body and a 1 soc on the legs) I'll be grooming them both again in a couple weeks, so I'll post new pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Naturally Furry View Post
                          Very cute! Great job as apricots have such horrible coats to work with IMO. I have a customer as well that does not like the ear set. Maybe it's a new trend? I call him my "Darth Vader" poodle
                          thanks! yours is cute too! her coat is still very fine and soft. I keep hoping it will thicken up a bit. guess we'll see..

Comment

Working...
                          X