A new pom client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new pom client

This is Baby and it's the first time I've done her. She hadn't been groomed in a LONG time. They owner said she got her a few months ago and didn't know when her last grooming was.

I do know that she LOVED Baby's groom and pre-booked her next appointment for 6 weeks

There are always things I see after I get the pictures downloaded, but guess I can't change it now, lol.

ETA: Sorry the pictures were so small. I hope that my changes help.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by neanea; 06-09-07, 04:06 AM.

You did a great job! Boy was she a mess!
    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Thanks! Yes, she was a bit shaggy

Comment

From a real mess to a beautiful girl!! You did a great job. Did you just scissor her?
        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
        Diane

Comment

Thank you Diane

I used a #7 and skimmed all over and used my thinners, but it took LOTS of brushing and combing
          There were tons of packed undercoat and thankfully, no mats with the exception of a couple of small ones behind her ears that I zipped out.

Thanks again for the nice comments.

Comment

Now that is one nice groom Nea! And I DO mean that sincerely.

Comment

Thank you Valerie and I sincerely appreciate ALL the positive comments. Even some constructive critisium is appreciated as well, so if there is anything you guys see that I could do better or differently, please let me know. How else am I going to learn

Comment

WOW, impressive! That dog looks so tailored and nice (Taylored?) after the groom, you did a beautiful job!

Constructive criticism? Hmmm. I noticed the ears looked pointy, but you can't always make pointy ears look round if that is the shape of the leather. But it's a small thing. The dog just looks GOOOOOOOD. No wonder the client rebooked!

Tammy in Utah
                Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Great job! I do have to know, what did you charge $$ in the end??

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
                    Constructive criticism? Hmmm. I noticed the ears looked pointy, but you can't always make pointy ears look round if that is the shape of the leather. But it's a small thing. The dog just looks GOOOOOOOD. No wonder the client rebooked!

Tammy in Utah
                    I noticed the ears too, this time, not first time. Did you trim the ears at all? The way I do it is with my and finger, I run my on the inside of the ear, finger on outside, right to the tip of the ear leather, and cut straight across and then do the same on the curved part of the ear, until it rounds out a bit. Makes it look a little more tebby bearish.

Still is a great groom.
                    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                    Diane

Comment

Thanks Tammy and Diane I did trim the ears lightly with my thinners, but I will DEFINATELY try rounding them next time.

Comment

Nea, Helly has told us a few times that she was taught by a show breeder (if my memory serves me correctly) to cut STRAIGHT across on the ear tips. I just have a hard time doing that, and leaving it like that. So...

I cut straight across on the ear tip, and LIGHTLY round the corner of each side of that straight line. That way it's sort of a combo of Helly's way and yet slightly rounded. I love that soft look on the ears.

Tammy in Utah
                        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
                        X