Cat in a lion cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat in a lion cut

I do not do very many cats and I rarely have had to clip one down compleatly. Here is Peluche a 2 year old persian who had never been groomed and supposedly did not let his owners brush him and they had never given him a bath. He was a total sweatheat and I never had to use the cat bag with him! I did his body with the 7F blade and I did not scisor anything as he was already very stressed but he faired well and I think looked pretty good afterwards.
    Attached Files

I think he looks great!

I never can decide whether to leave the front long (like you did), or just leave it long around the head and "boots".

Comment

Thankyou I left as much coat as I could as that is what the owner requested.

Here is another pic of him and his matt... the owner tok the mat to show it to her family.
      Attached Files

Comment

goldens4ever

OUCH!

Originally posted by CMGMayra View Post
        I do not do very many cats and I rarely have had to clip one down compleatly. Here is Peluche a 2 year old persian who had never been groomed and supposedly did not let his owners brush him and they had never given him a bath. He was a total sweatheat and I never had to use the cat bag with him! I did his body with the 7F blade and I did not scisor anything as he was already very stressed but he faired well and I think looked pretty good afterwards.

Comment

Cats can be alot of fun to groom!

Hi there, Good Job by the way. I am new to this board myself, but I do alot of cats and love it, most behave prettywell for me, of course though some definitely do not. I normally skim the top of the front legs with a comb attachment to smooth the tops, and round the mane with thinning shears, I also use a 7 on the body most of the time as well, I realy like shaving down the tails too to leave the lion puff at the end I think it looks cute and completes the look. LOL
          Last edited by flagroomguy; 05-30-07, 05:14 PM. Reason: type o's

Comment

Working...
          X