round two of worst I've ever seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• round two of worst I've ever seen

Well I went back to do Carmel's son Toby today. He was in the same condition she was in if not worse. Luckily he was a perfect gentleman the entire time. The wonderful news is that I convinced their mom to put them on a regular schedule with me so this will never happen again
    Attached Files

OMG, when I see dogs like this I wonder do their owners ever pet the dog. I'm sure he feels SOOOO much better. Nice groom.

Scoop

Comment

Wow, you did such a nice job. Yes, I know it was a strip down, but still, he is so smooth and shiny, he kinda looks like a fat, confused Doxxie...lol... I have a good project on Wednesday. My Pastor is bringing his Ckpoo who has never been professionally groomed. I think he said she is 4!!! He usually shaves her and his Springer "every year" but he couldn't get through her coat this time. I am hoping (fingers crossed) that I can also talk him into a regular schedule. Didn't know that Pastors had a "good ole boy" attitude!!
      SheilaB from SC

Comment

He looks so nice and happy now. Great job.

In the before pic his eyes almost look like they are matted shut. Are they or is it the way he moved his head as you clicked?
        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
        Diane

Comment

I hate to see that. Unfortunately we are seeing our fair share right now. It's getting warm, so everyone is coming in to get their once a year cut!
          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

wow! he must feel 100% better

Comment

Thanks everyone I was showing my husband and the kids the pictures the other day and they were absolutely shocked. My step-son said "Are you sure that's the same dog?" LOL.

Pixie to answer your question, his eyes were almost completely matted over. He had a little slit clear that he could see out of. When I took his picture he was actually trying to look up through it so he could se me.

Comment

That's always sad when you keep telling them and they won't listen, I swear people like that just think were saying that to get more of their money.

He has really beautiful brown eyes, he must of loved you for making him feel better.

Is he one of those that looks at you like no don't make me go back there?

Comment

You're this doggy's new angel Sherri. It's heartbreaking isn't it? But you did a great job!!

Good luck with that CkPoo today Sheila!

Comment

I should print up that before and after to illustrate my "matted pet" release forum with the caption: Your. Dog. Will. Be. Bald!

Comment

thats a good idea. anyway....you did a good job on the dog. he looked cute (but if he had more hair he would be cuter). That is good that you convinced the owner to keep him on a regular schedule. How did you convince the owner?

Comment

It wasn't really hard to convince the owner. She's an older woman that can not drive and doesn't have anyone willing to take her to get the dogs groomed. She was so happy that I was willing to keep coming she didn't even hesitate to set up a regular schedule.

Now that I have them on a regular schedule I'll be able to leave them a little longer from now on. I think the longest will probably be a 3 3/4 though because mom just can't take care of anything much longer than that.

Comment

Working...
                        X